• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Globals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I understand all of your frustrations. When the talks of furloughs first happened I was just as nervous as you. I am not far from the bottom of the list and still worry at times if I will be right along side you.

Let me shed some light as to what we have been experiencing at njasap these days. We are fully engaging our pilot group with an education campaign in regards to our worth as aviators on our message boards and on the road.
And regrettably, some are not aware of our worth. We continue to educate our fellow brothers and sisters on the road and truly believe this will come to fruition. The good news for you is that the company wants this contract signed quickly. This sense of urgency speaks volumes to me. I think sales will increase dramatically very quickly and at a steady pace. I do not want to give anyone of you false hope because we can not predict the future. But if I were a betting man, I would think that recalls would start happening once the CBA is signed.

When you all were employed here, there was a PIC vs SIC mentality. This is no longer the case. We are more united in our solidarity and our anger has been at the EMT and not with each other. We will not sell each other out. I have complete confidence that our PICs will only vote for what is best for the SICs and we will do the same for them. Please know that we have that same regard for you, our fellow brothers that have had the misfortune of bad timing. You have struggled and shouldered the financial burden, the disappointments, the frustration, and the heart ache. We take notice and please know we are with you, not against you. We will stand and fight for you!

Please tell us what we can do to advocate for you. Please tell us if you are still seeking employment and what we can do to help. As aviators, we are a small community and we need to look out for one another. Many prayers go out to you and your families and we wish and are excited for the days that you will return...

+1 :thumbup:

Last edited:
You're communicating, and you're only half right. If you're 100% correct, explain to me why 1.) the company hasn't furloughed down to 5 pilots per frame, and 2.) why the company wanted scope relief? Could it be owner demand and pilot availability DOES have something to do with overall pilot staffing?

No argument that recalls will only happen if and when airframes are added. You're dead wrong on staffing being completely driven by airframes, however.

Am I communicating?

It's okay to be wrong OPECjet

"That's Life"

Prince Harry can't be gone soon enough. And then hopefully these guys will get their recall, to a better NJA than the one they had before.
In the meantime, I'll just have to accept that being on the 18 day makes me a bad guy despite my participation in the voluntary measures and the donations in both cash and Atlantic Bucks to the furloughee's Christmas Fund each year.

Terry,

Sorry to hear about your father and all that has happened in your life. What you don't seem to realize is that all of us have similar and different issues in our lives too. Those that are furloughed don't have three days if bereavement pay while attending our funerals, don't have those hospital bills paid while their wives are bleeding and their families who have terminal illnesses don't ask them for money to help because they already know they don't have any. Don't get me wrong, your efforts to help the 495 (less now that several have since passed away), will never be forgotten and always appreciated. The voluntary measures would only have helped if they were continued after the furlough. Instead, many jumped right back in the 18 day. God bless you and your family, you will be in our prayers.

The voluntary measures would only have helped if they were continued after the furlough.

As a point of fact, David Sokol canceled the voluntary measures as one of his first acts when he got here. The pilots didn't have the opportunity to continue them.

Right, that way he could furlough as many as he did.

Fisch asserting that he's right, which is standard fare for Fisch, doesn't necessarily make him so.

Right, that way he could furlough as many as he did.

Fisch asserting that he's right, which is standard fare for Fisch, doesn't necessarily make him so.

Of course it does. Don't be silly.

Terry,

Sorry to hear about your father and all that has happened in your life. What you don't seem to realize is that all of us have similar and different issues in our lives too. Those that are furloughed don't have three days if bereavement pay while attending our funerals, don't have those hospital bills paid while their wives are bleeding and their families who have terminal illnesses don't ask them for money to help because they already know they don't have any. Don't get me wrong, your efforts to help the 495 (less now that several have since passed away), will never be forgotten and always appreciated. The voluntary measures would only have helped if they were continued after the furlough. Instead, many jumped right back in the 18 day. God bless you and your family, you will be in our prayers.

I'm not sure if I'm reading wrong here, but where did I or anyone else ask for money? :confused: Anyways, you are kind of pointing in the direction I was heading. For any furloughee to blame someone for the schedule they are on is ludicrous. We do what we have to do to take care of our loved ones. The COMPANY decision to furlough, and keep people on furlough is no more another pilots fault than it is the fault of a traffic light for a drunk driver crashing while running a red light because it wasn't green.
That was the point of my original post on page 18 or 19, but I got jumped on. That was the catalyst for my ire later in here. Once again, the EMT is doing a great job at keeping people divided.
Speaking to a good number of the guys I know on furlough, I have to say that most of them financially are doing better than they were at NJA. One is at FedEx, 5 are flying drones for good money (and not near the FEBA so they are safe), and 3 are doing "regular businessman" kind of jobs, and 3 are flying in Asia. These guys are all making a lot more than they were at NJA. Two others are flying, albeit at what I will call "survivable" jobs, and are not too happy with the pay, but they have working wives. The nonflying guys like the $$ but are dying to fly. The thing they all have in common is that they do not want to come back unless the job is better than before (except for DS at FedEx---he ain't coming back).
So not everyone lost. I know a lot did, but remember that we are going to make a better contract for you to return to work with. But to the angry ones, don't bust our ba11s for taking care of our loved ones in the meantime. Be pissed at King Dilly Bar, Lord Lubrizol and Prince Harry.

Last edited:
And while everybody is debating the staffing calculus Netjets has become irrelevant and an undesirable place to work.

Sorry but that's the simple truth, don't shoot the messenger.......

Agreed. The fractional business model as it exists today does not work. NJA needs to change or die like the rest of them.

Thank you.

Amen. I wish you the best.

Hopalong, we'll never get the message. We have no way of receiving it unless we run across a NJA pilot courtesy of our "union". I rarely see an airport these days but have run across four NJA pilots, all with encouraging things to say. Other furloughed guys have run across NJA pilots who didn't even realize there were guys on furlough. One of us was in a van with a crusty bastard complaining there weren't enough extended days available.

Until the union addresses the wedge between active and furloughed more of this garbage will happen. I figure LOTS of it will happen when / if we come back for a little while anyway. Thank NJASAP for it.

OPECJET,

I understand all of your frustrations. When the talks of furloughs first happened I was just as nervous as you. I am not far from the bottom of the list and still worry at times if I will be right along side you.

Let me shed some light as to what we have been experiencing at njasap these days. We are fully engaging our pilot group with an education campaign in regards to our worth as aviators on our message boards and on the road.
And regrettably, some are not aware of our worth. We continue to educate our fellow brothers and sisters on the road and truly believe this will come to fruition. The good news for you is that the company wants this contract signed quickly. This sense of urgency speaks volumes to me. I think sales will increase dramatically very quickly and at a steady pace. I do not want to give anyone of you false hope because we can not predict the future. But if I were a betting man, I would think that recalls would start happening once the CBA is signed.

When you all were employed here, there was a PIC vs SIC mentality. This is no longer the case. We are more united in our solidarity and our anger has been at the EMT and not with each other. We will not sell each other out. I have complete confidence that our PICs will only vote for what is best for the SICs and we will do the same for them. Please know that we have that same regard for you, our fellow brothers that have had the misfortune of bad timing. You have struggled and shouldered the financial burden, the disappointments, the frustration, and the heart ache. We take notice and please know we are with you, not against you. We will stand and fight for you!

Please tell us what we can do to advocate for you. Please tell us if you are still seeking employment and what we can do to help. As aviators, we are a small community and we need to look out for one another. Many prayers go out to you and your families and we wish and are excited for the days that you will return...[/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back