Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Folks - What do you actually LIKE about Netjets and Your Job?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
roll the dice sir!

let's see:

senority

more money

more money

more money

handlers cleaning the planes

three FAs serving me coke and chips!

bottom line: i'll take the airline gig

Now I have been reading the fractional threads for months while I was sending my stuff in. I finally got called for an interview and tried to procrastinate it as far off into the future to give the MEC more time to possibly get a TA so I can make a more informed decision about leaving where I am know for NetJets.

However..... from what I understand the word on the taxiway is that new-hires will only have those five cities to live in. So for me I would like to get in after a TA is published but before it gets voted in. My biggest worry is getting in, going on strike and being put between walking and getting fired, for being on probation, or staying and being called a scab the rest of my life.

I would really appreciate all the NetJets regulars on this board to give me their opinion on what I should do. And yes I am going to interview, no I am not interested in breaking up your deserved unity and yes I do believe that a "better" NetJets can be good long term career. "Better" meaning not having to live in 5 cities and 5th year pay being at least 85.

I welcome your comments and PMs

F9Fan

I forgot to add that I went through a contract negotiation where I am now and we couldn't get a TA until after we passed a strike vote of 96%. That is why I respect everyones opions while taking them with a grain of salt. I understand that in the eleventh hour a good portion of the pilot group will be disgruntled enough to comment about how their xyz company is the worst every and no one should come work there.

If however I could understand if everyone is trying to get new hires to shy away so your MEC will have more leverage for a TA. That makes sense. Again I have wanted to come on board for a long time. But I don't want to disturb your unity in these criticle times. But if given an offer I can't accept the proposed five city issue.

Thanks Again,
F9Fan

Anyone who HELPS another pilot get hired here, is NOT doing this pilot group OR that individual ANY GOOD !!! For those of you who INTERVIEWED and turned this SH*T outfit down...I applaud you. Oh, and as for NJAOwner...we REALLY and TRULY don't give a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** what you think because we already know how the Shamtulli's and your kind think of the "help." You enjoy spewing your input on this board for deeply personal reasons...but will never admit it. You should go play with your own kind as we really could care less about what you say or think....go use up someone elses bandwidth.

Last edited:
FrontierFan said:
So for me I would like to get in after a TA is published but before it gets voted in. My biggest worry is getting in, going on strike and being put between walking and getting fired, for being on probation, or staying and being called a scab the rest of my life.

I HIGHLY doubt you could time things that well to get hired post-TA pre-ratification. Don't try. If you don't like the way Netjets looks today under our current agreement, don't take the job. It may not change. Who knows.

Your comments about your "biggest concern" make me uneasy. You seem to alude that crossing a picket line might be one of your "choices." Before I lambaste you, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I would personally never hesitate to walk the line on probation. Probation isn't even a consideration. Sure, the company may try to strongarm you and fire you, but "back to work agreements" between the union and management usually iron these things out before the strike even ends.

My last comment on probation: Don't ever let PROBATION stand in the way of doing what is right. That's VERBATIM what I said to my interviewer when she was playing the role of "bad pilot" and trying to egg me into doing something we shouldn't.

Answer to Question

NOTHING!!

And the **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** seats in the X are like Coca-Cola crates so if you enjoy sitting on one of those for five+ hours, have at it!!!
Oh, and because we go so fast, all the owners love the plane so when one breaks, guess what the company sends in....lots of 14 and 10's!!

Living the dream for 28k/year.....NOT!!!!

Living the dream at mach .92!

Someday when you guys are flying the trunk lines for Virgin America between SFO and JFK or BOS day in and day out you will hopefully remember some of the positive aspects of your previous life at Netjets. Sure, the pain of poverty (such a god-awful low salary) will never go away, but I hope flying a great airplane and flying to some interesting destinations will be a source of good memories.... After corporate flying, airline flying would seem just too boring and routine for me (but that may change if I get a call from SWA)...

On Your Six said:
Living the dream at mach .92!

Someday when you guys are flying the trunk lines for Virgin America between SFO and JFK or BOS day in and day out you will hopefully remember some of the positive aspects of your previous life at Netjets. Sure, the pain of poverty (such a god-awful low salary) will never go away, but I hope flying a great airplane and flying to some interesting destinations will be a source of good memories.... After corporate flying, airline flying would seem just too boring and routine for me (but that may change if I get a call from SWA)...
A former NetJets pilot (now with an airline) wistfully remembering the glory days: "Oh, how I long for the days when I could barely pay my mortgage and could only afford to eat pan-seared garlic Cheerios. But, at least I got to fly around at .92 for 10 hrs. a day!"

Heavy Set said:
A lot of interesting replies. Although most had nothing to do with the original 2 questions. I suppose venting is good for people.

Anyone have anything positive to say about their Netjets experience? C'mon Griz, there's gotta be something you like (seriously) about Netjets and flying the X?

LAST QUESTION: if Virgin America opened up its doors right now at rates lower than Jet Blue for the A320 (offered you an FO position and bases in either SFO or JFK), would you take it right now OR would you prefer to sweat it out at Netjets? Serious responses please.
Let me put it this way...If Virgin called me while I was at work, I'd put my NJA ID card on my seat, leave it running and walk, no, run to the terminal, pay my own way to SFO or where ever.

Does that answer your question?

Not IF but When

Nightmare67 said:
Let me put it this way...If Virgin called me while I was at work, I'd put my NJA ID card on my seat, leave it running and walk, no, run to the terminal, pay my own way to SFO or where ever.

Does that answer your question?
Its no longer a matter of IF I am out of here, but WHEN. And that day cannot come any to soon. This place is a train wreck looking for the end of the line. Unfortunately Bill Boisture and his clowns have their golden parachutes ready and will never skip a beat. The rest of us will be SOL!!

They are now crying that they are so broke but I find it hard to understand how the most expensive and largest of the fractional options pays their pilots the worst and cries that they are losing money.....Give me a break!!!

Latest resources

Back