NetJets ever getting EFB?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyipilot

I am a brand new NJ guy and I am in the X based in LAX. I was curious about us ever getting electronic flight bags? I know CS uses them and a few major airlines are getting them. They seem easy and simple to update. Just a question... would make life a tad easier..:)

I am a brand new NJ guy and I am in the X based in LAX. I was curious about us ever getting electronic flight bags? I know CS uses them and a few major airlines are getting them. They seem easy and simple to update. Just a question... would make life a tad easier..:)

Welcome to NJA!

I'm afraid, though, that we'll see EFB's around the time that we get a decent winter jacket and an order for Class IV planes. I hope I'm wrong about that, but I rather suspect EFB's are way off in the future.

If you do, I hope it is one you can see. I hate the things. They work great at night but I hate flying at night.

New at Netjets and already complaining about something?

LOL...no not complaining...just heard of how nice they are and since we seem to have lots of cash and the ability to have the best of the best, why not make the move to what most airlines and other fractionals are doing. WOuld just seem easier than keeping so many books updated. I love it here so far and everyone has been awesome! I flew for ACA/INDY until their demise and I would not go back to the airlines...(at least as they are now..never say never) But, I had great experiences there and I am looking forward to better ones here! It would be nice to have the home basing and I know it keeps a lot of guys out and some quitting but, compared to the other great benefits and what you get at other companies out there..it is a small price to pay. That said, I still look forward to the day we can all be homebased. Thanks for the warm welcomes, I look forward to grabbing drinks with ya!

NJI will begin training a tablet style EFB this summer. Hoping for full implementation by Jan 1. Could be a test case for the other fleets. Keep your fingers crossed. NO MORE JEPP REVISIONS....Wooo Hooo!

I just finished doing some contract stuff on the side and the E-Boat I was flying had EFBs, a first for me. Man those are nice! I would love to see us get them at NJA but consider you are talking about outfitting 430 or so airplanes. They really are pretty slick and they would be ideal for the style of flying we do but its a lot of money that has to be justified. I can only imagine the joy of not having to insert new contents every 6 months or so...

I would just like if they got rid of these 20+ memory items and go to a QRC, like most airlines have done. I have a hard enough time remembering all of my phone numbers, let alone all of these memory items.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back