• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets ever getting EFB?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We're long over the test phase in the BBJs. Been paperless for a while now. Not the newer, modern EFBs, but still better than paper.

I use an EFB on my other job and love it. Paired up with a bluetooth gps makes situational awarness an unreal event. Even shows the plane taxing on the airport diagram.

gutshot is it going fleetwide or just in the 450's?

I'm hired but haven't started at NJA yet, so I'm really in the dark. How does NJA work the Jepps? Are the pilots responsible for updating anything, is there a set for each aircraft?

I use an EFB on my other job and love it. Paired up with a bluetooth gps makes situational awarness an unreal event. Even shows the plane taxing on the airport diagram.

gutshot is it going fleetwide or just in the 450's?

Diesel,

The 450's and 550's have approach charts in the PlaneView avionics system and are essentially paperless out of the factory. The EFB's will be going into the G-V's and G-IVSP's. We're supposed to start training on them at the next recurrent cycle. Of course, they've been talking about EFB's for more than 5 years so I'll believe it when I'm punching buttons on it (this time it's supposed to be for real because the budget was approved and the box has been picked).

I have also used EFBs on contract gigs and I can only hope the one we picked is as user friendly.

About 6 years ago I ask a NJ pilot, as he was doing his Jepp updates, why they didn't have Q-service. He said the company wanted it for the time savings, but the pilots and union did not. At that time they got OT after 10 hours of duty time in any day and thats when they did updates. They felt Q-service would be a pay cut. Could it be the same for EFB?

hi!

If each pilot has their own Jepps at NJ, wouldn't they need 2 flight cases? Our Jepps are up to 14 books right now, and that's only for the US, Latin America and Eastern Canada. I'm sure glad we have them in the plane vs. having to carry them around!

cliff
YIP

We do have Q-service, there is one set of jepps per airplane. Which ones you carry depend on which fleet you are in. For example in the Ultra/Emcore we have the US, Canada/Alaska, and Latin America. We as pilots don't carry any jepps (hooray!), only an FOM which is why you wont see the majority of us with a flight case. The pilots are responsible for doing the updates but usually it just means that you might have to do one or maybe two updates unless the plane hasnt flown in awhile - its no big deal. The Q service inserts are pretty painless, but i'd still rather have an EFB.

Dumb question about the EFB, can you print the plates out for it somehow if you want or is it just on the display??

hi!

If each pilot has their own Jepps at NJ, wouldn't they need 2 flight cases? Our Jepps are up to 14 books right now, and that's only for the US, Latin America and Eastern Canada. I'm sure glad we have them in the plane vs. having to carry them around!

cliff
YIP

From your post, I couldn't tell if you actually thought we carried Jepps around. At NetJets, the Jepps are assigned to the plane. No one is carrying flight bags loaded with Jepps.

Hi!

I got it figured out. There's set(s) of pubs in the plane, and U guys just have to update the ones on the plane you're flying when necessary.

cliff
YIP

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back