• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Europe Adds 32 Hawker 4000s...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would assume that the 7X would compete directly with the G450 - right? If so, I suppose one could assume that NJA/NJI wouldn't want to have competing products that would cannibalize each other (competing for the same customer). However, that doesn't explain why NJE would have both the 7X and the GIVSP... Perhaps the Europeans are more nationalistic and want to fly on French-made aircraft. Regardless, NJE is getting a lot of growth now with those 4000s, other new Hawkers (950s?) and the 7X.

As I understand it, NJE only has one or two G-IVSP's. As the 7X's come on the line, they will go away and the large cabin over there will be the DA-2000, the 7X, and the G-550. NJE is experiencing rapid growth because the concept has finally gained acceptance, the market was wide open, and Europe (at least the UK, Ireland, and a few other countries) have had a pretty good economic run over the past decade. The US fractional market is mature and growth has slowed to a more realistic pace. It makes sense to deliver the airplanes where the demand is.

Better have a couple of Snickers bars. NJA won't be seeing the 7X any time soon.

I'm not saying it is going to happen tommorrow, but having spoke with people that know about these issues, they say we are getting them. Now I will grant you the time table is up in the air.

As for the 4000, I doubt it was a NJA line pilot flying the thing, since there has been NO bids for it. NJA mangement guy probably. It is a good looking jet, has good numbers and so on, it has longer legs on paper then the G200 but not by a lot. When I see a bid for 8 capts for it then I will say the thing has arrived not until then.

Cabin Volume G-200: 868 cu ft; H4000: 762 cu ft; CX: 508 cu ft
Cabin Ht G-200: 6'3"; H4000: 6'0"; CX: 5'7"
Cabin Width G-200: 7' 2"; H4000: 6'5"; CX: 5'7"

3" shorter in Ht and 9" narrower than the G200, all for more money. Not sure people will dig that on a 5 hour flight. Yet another plane that rick thought was going to save the day.

When the thing was ordered it was a decent idea. You are talking about 7 years ago. I really doubt Rick thought it was going to "save the day" though.

Considering the average number of people on the trans-cons I fly, the size isn't a issue.

In a perfect world, Rick should have kept the CJ3s on the low end instead of the Beechjunks and Encores and then somehow finagled Challenger 300s (yeah, I know Flex would never allow it) instead of the H4000. Those CL300s are very versatile and I hear the Flex pax love them...

In a perfect world, Rick should have kept the CJ3s on the low end instead of the Beechjunks and Encores and then somehow finagled Challenger 300s (yeah, I know Flex would never allow it) instead of the H4000. Those CL300s are very versatile and I hear the Flex pax love them...

Flex has nothing to do with it. RTS wouldn't order them. There is a little history there and it won't happen.

While you see one ( Hawker 4000 ) flying around it will be a while before you see more. They are still working on the production certificate for the 4000.

I would assume that the 7X would compete directly with the G450 - right? If so, I suppose one could assume that NJA/NJI wouldn't want to have competing products that would cannibalize each other (competing for the same customer). However, that doesn't explain why NJE would have both the 7X and the GIVSP... Perhaps the Europeans are more nationalistic and want to fly on French-made aircraft. Regardless, NJE is getting a lot of growth now with those 4000s, other new Hawkers (950s?) and the 7X.

Hello,

NJE ordered 24 7X's, with first delivery scheduled for March/April next year.
The 7X competes with the G550 in terms of range (5950nm v 6500nm). But fuel used for the same mission is so less with the Falcon. Next delivery slot if you want to buy one is 2011, so the only solution to have one quickly is to buy a NJE share.... ;)
We have a 900 EX EASy which has the range of the G450. But no plans to add any other as the 7X is coming soon.
The one and only NJE G IV-SP is sold to owners, so unable to stop the operation right now....

Have fun.

I have never been into Myrtle Beach, but he was impressed, saying they went in there at max landing weight. Then took off the next day, 8 pax, flew nonstop to SMO, at ??? (he told me the mach number but I cant remember...either .80 or .84).

MYR has a runway that is 9503 feet long at an elevation of 25 ft MSL. Going into a strip like that at MLW doesn't really sound all that impressive to me. It's not really a challenging airport, like ASE or even SMO might be for some planes.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KMYR

MYR has a runway that is 9503 feet long at an elevation of 25 ft MSL. Going into a strip like that at MLW doesn't really sound all that impressive to me. It's not really a challenging airport, like ASE or even SMO might be for some planes.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KMYR

I think there is another airport in Myrtle Beach that has a 5000 foot runway. This might be the one he was talking about.

Latest resources

Back