NetJets--Earnings Release

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gret

"In 2009, NetJets' revenues declined $550 million (43%) for the second quarter and $1,024 million (42%) for the first six months as compared to 2008. The declines reflected an 81% decline in aircraft sales as well as a 22% decline in flight operations revenues primarily due to lower flight revenue hours. NetJets produced pre-tax losses in 2009 of $253 million for the second quarter and $349 million for the first six months. The pre-tax losses included asset writedowns and other downsizing costs of $192 million for the second quarter and $255 million for the first six months. NetJets owns more planes than is required for its present level of operations and further downsizing will be required unless demand rebounds."

"In 2009, NetJets' revenues declined $550 million (43%) for the second quarter and $1,024 million (42%) for the first six months as compared to 2008. The declines reflected an 81% decline in aircraft sales as well as a 22% decline in flight operations revenues primarily due to lower flight revenue hours. NetJets produced pre-tax losses in 2009 of $253 million for the second quarter and $349 million for the first six months. The pre-tax losses included asset writedowns and other downsizing costs of $192 million for the second quarter and $255 million for the first six months. NetJets owns more planes than is required for its present level of operations and further downsizing will be required unless demand rebounds."

Ouch, Good Luck.

If I understand correctly, the numbers-people took the hit for the buyouts all in June so they wouldn't have to fight those losses over the next 3 years. If I am correct, a large portion of that loss was a one time hit. And for what it's worth, it appears the revenue numbers are creeping up a little bit.

SG

HMMM Let's see--I think if you look back at my earlier threads (about 2 weeks ago)I said Netjets was bleeding out at a rate 2 mil a day for the first half of the year and was thoroughly brow beaten and told how wrong and screwed up I was by several on here. (you know who you are) But I think these numbers pretty much vindicate my statement. I also mentioned which entities were making money and which were not--take my word for it guys, I got that right too. I also made a few more statements about furloughs. They are coming guys! If you know anything about the psychological approach to an HR department you will know that they advocate lay-offs and furloughs during peak emotional highs---think holiday season! The rationale is that people are way up so when you take them down the low isn't AS low as it would normally be. Watch between Thanksgiving and the first 2 weeks in Jan for 300-500 pilots to go out the door. The dust doesn't need to settle on the early out and LOA packages, they already have a good idea what those numbers are and they aren't good enough. Read WBs biography Snowball if you want a little insight. He isn't that grandfatherly image you see on TV. RS was too compassionate in his "right sizing" efforts for the BH boys. I've seen it at other companies that are BH owned or where WB is on the board and carries the big stick. The blood letting is coming---operationally it will come relatively fast---from the HR perspective on the time table I predicted above unless the economy makes a miraculous recovery. There aren't going to be anymore compassionate "please leave" programs. Here is your 2 months furlough pay--cya! FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH DEPARTMENT: THIS IS ENTIRELY SPECULATION ON MY PART. But I have a pretty good track record so far!

Now I have a question for the "in the know" union bretheren. If BH wanted to sell off assets from NETJETS---hypothetically let's say NJI (Okatie, SAV maintenance, etc.) to an outside buyer (think one that is no longer employed by Netjets or say General Dynamics or Gulfstream) could they? What are the limitations imposed by the CBA or LOAs that would prevent this type action? I also understand that multiple owners have the airplanes---could they not transfer the management of these aircraft if they so desired? I don't know the answers to these questions--just asking!

The conspiracy grows!

HMMM Let's see--I think if you look back at my earlier threads (about 2 weeks ago)I said Netjets was bleeding out at a rate 2 mil a day for the first half of the year and was thoroughly brow beaten and told how wrong and screwed up I was by several on here. (you know who you are) But I think these numbers pretty much vindicate my statement. I also mentioned which entities were making money and which were not--take my word for it guys, I got that right too. I also made a few more statements about furloughs. They are coming guys! If you know anything about the psychological approach to an HR department you will know that they advocate lay-offs and furloughs during peak emotional highs---think holiday season! The rationale is that people are way up so when you take them down the low isn't AS low as it would normally be. Watch between Thanksgiving and the first 2 weeks in Jan for 300-500 pilots to go out the door. The dust doesn't need to settle on the early out and LOA packages, they already have a good idea what those numbers are and they aren't good enough. Read WBs biography Snowball if you want a little insight. He isn't that grandfatherly image you see on TV. RS was too compassionate in his "right sizing" efforts for the BH boys. I've seen it at other companies that are BH owned or where WB is on the board and carries the big stick. The blood letting is coming---operationally it will come relatively fast---from the HR perspective on the time table I predicted above unless the economy makes a miraculous recovery. There aren't going to be anymore compassionate "please leave" programs. Here is your 2 months furlough pay--cya! FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH DEPARTMENT: THIS IS ENTIRELY SPECULATION ON MY PART. But I have a pretty good track record so far!

Now I have a question for the "in the know" union bretheren. If BH wanted to sell off assets from NETJETS---hypothetically let's say NJI (Okatie, SAV maintenance, etc.) to an outside buyer (think one that is no longer employed by Netjets or say General Dynamics or Gulfstream) could they? What are the limitations imposed by the CBA or LOAs that would prevent this type action? I also understand that multiple owners have the airplanes---could they not transfer the management of these aircraft if they so desired? I don't know the answers to these questions--just asking!

The conspiracy grows!

yawn.

In other news, a large comet is heading towards planet earth and we will all be dead soon. Good to know ya.

i guess harley, you should be more worried about your job than rubbing everyone elses's noses in sh1t

YO Broke--why so defensive? Not worried about mine at all. As for the nose rubbing? Well--if the nose fits! Come on man, don't take this stuff so serious. Whatever is going to happen will happen (brilliant statement) All of this stuff is just page after page of speculation and opinion. Mine included!

Latest resources

Back