Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets....do you always work on a duty day???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

F/O

Smells like....
Just wondering how often you all get time off at your base when "on the clock"?? Undoubtedly it varies from fleet to fleet; just looking for an idea.

Also does how busy you stay partly depend on your base; i.e. are you likely to stay more busy out of TEB than say a quieter place like RAP?

Thanks

I can sum it up in a short quote;

"sometimes you are the bear, sometimes you are the hunter."

It is a very dynamic schedule... some things work in your favor. Ther is no Rhyme or reason, contrary to popular belief. I've had some days " Showing at Residence" but its an anomaly, for the most part.

The way my luck runs, it is always an extended time off in East Pooch-Screw West Virginia, not Scenic Las Vegas or Home....:angryfire

Last edited:
There is no correlation between your "crew base" and your schedule, senority, fleet oranything else. Crew base is really a bit of a a misnomer, all it really is, is a start/stop point for the beginning and end of your tour. When the stars align, you may get lucky and have a "show at residence" or an overnight at your base. If you are scheduled to work, plan on being away, weather they actually fly you or not is a different story. For example, last week on day 1 I airlined to MDW, picked up a jet and flew to GSO, day 2 & 3 flew and ended up back at GSO, sat at the hotel or "hot spare" at GSO day 4, 5, & 6; airlined home day 7.

99 percent if of the time ur doing something, I have gotten one day of reserve at residence without doing something( in 2.5 yrs)

work first day

Years ago some home shows for first day..... Last couple of years NO!!

In the last year or so Ive had NO aircraft trips out of my home base of DAL... everything has been airline out of DFW or DAL.

From what Ive seen, most crews are airlined out, instead of a first day assignment on our aircraft and all the captains are used. Some FOs are being left home on first day though.

With this new addition of the contract, scheduling has gotten a lot more efficient..... they got what they wanted.

It's happened a few times that I've gotten a show at home. It's nice when it happens.

I used to stay at home quite a bit actually. Last August I didn't get used at all. I was thinking this job was the shizzle. I had Sunday starts in the G200. I think new copilots on IOE were filling the trips.

Since IBB, I have been a workhorse. No time at home, early go, late return. The schedule is definitely more efficient for the company...

99 percent if of the time ur doing something, I have gotten one day of reserve at residence without doing something( in 2.5 yrs)

I think there are a lot of variables that factor into this (fleet, etc). I've had 3 or 4 days of reserve at home so far since I started flying here last December.

Latest resources

Back