Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets....do you always work on a duty day???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It comes and goes for me. This week, I had a long overnight at my home (a nice treat), and on my last day, a 5am show for an nonstop airline home. I was in my living room by 11am! Earliest last-day return for me by far; it was like an extra day off. Really nice.

how's the flex schedule working out? have you been able to call before the month starts to get a general idea of when you are scheduled?

when you have a show time for an airline leg, how much time prior to the flight does that provide?

Nothing contractually required, but it's normally at least an hour. My normal show for MCO (my home base) is 2 hours. If they schedule you too short a show, it's up to them to clean up the mess if you miss your flight -- especially the flight home, where it could cost a ton of money. So there's an incentive to schedule somewhat logically. ;)

how's the flex schedule working out? have you been able to call before the month starts to get a general idea of when you are scheduled?

I bid it starting next month, and there's a tentative June schedule showing on the Crew-ops calendar for me. Talking to some folks who were already on it, they weren't doing the online calendar, but would provide a tentative schedule if you called up. As long as people understand that it's subject to change, it will hopefully stay available. It's nice to have a rough idea of when they might use you, anyway.

I love the flex but unfortunately I'm not senior enough on the Ultra to hold it starting in June. Couldn't hold the 18 day either which was my second choice. 7/7 won't be bad though. It allows my wife and I to plan some events this summer.

I think I've only had 1 day shifted once when being on the flex. Otherwise, my schedule has held true to their projection.

Nothing contractually required, but it's normally at least an hour. My normal show for MCO (my home base) is 2 hours. If they schedule you too short a show, it's up to them to clean up the mess if you miss your flight -- especially the flight home, where it could cost a ton of money. So there's an incentive to schedule somewhat logically. ;)

CA1900,

Thank you for all your posts. One correction though: The CBA does indeed require no less then 1 hour and no more then 2 hours show time before the scheduled departure time of an airline flight.

You are absolutely correct that it is the Company's responsibility to clean up the schedule they mess up. ;)

IDEtoNJA

One correction though: The CBA does indeed require no less then 1 hour and no more then 2 hours show time before the scheduled departure time of an airline flight.

Ah, that's correct. I guess what was on my mind was the change from the previous CBA, which specified 60, 90, or 120 minutes, depending on what size the airport was (as defined in a separately published list). That was tossed in favor of the 1-2 hour window, as you mentioned.

Latest resources

Back