• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Dallas or Seattle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can't name a place on Earth where the people aren't better off because of the involvement of the US government or businesses or private groups that outreach.

If you are a godless marxist you might not be happy about it. Then stay away from the big brass belt buckle of the Bible Belt -- Dallas Texas.

The one thing that pisses me off about unions is the support for liberal democrats.

Last edited:
Check out FlowerMound or Rockwall. Both nice and growing places.
Best Mex in Ft. Worth - Mi Cocina
Texas is definatly the best country in the world and if you dont like it, hit the road and pick up a big ole' bag of F^&k Ya'll on the way out.

La Hacienda on 114 in Grapevine is the best Buffalo Burger in town. I used to office at Business Jet Center @ DAL. Also, Celebration on Lovers Lane is the best lunch spot around DAL; all fresh food and a very unique atmosphere.

We bought (and still own) a house in Keller. The drive to DAL/DFW area was a chore with traffic. I would definitely recommend Grapevine. If we ever move back to Dallas, that's where I would buy. We leased a very nice apartment in Euless when we first arrived. It was very convenient to all things Dallas and Fort Worth. Please do yourself a favor and frequent Cattlemen's and the Lonsome Dove in the stockyards.

For quick and nasty fast food, one would be hard-pressed to best a local Chicken Express. You can get a big meal with a barrel of sweet tea for $5.00.:D

Last edited:
GVFlyer said:
Please get your Marxist rhetoric right if you're going to spout it! It was the United Fruit Company that had extensive holdings in Latin America and oppressed the people. Clay Shaw of that company also had JFK shot, too, right? Coca-Cola is supposed to be symbolic of our exportable culture which overwhelms indigenous cultures throughout the world. What do you think Coca-Cola grows there - cocaine for their Coke? Coke buys guarare for their Sobe and Rockstar brands from Brazil. Other than that all they have is bottling plants in Latin America. But wait! There's a popular leftist rant that Coke hires union busting thugs to murder those who try to organize their plant in Columbia. You could pick that for a cause. You also forgot to point out that the US Army's School of the America's is somehow responsible for all of Latin America's woes.

Wrong again. In Honduras the US has legal military bases in Soto Cano and Palmerola. Congress has to fund military bases. Honduras, by the way, is a Democratic Constitutional Republic. I think popularly elected President Ricardo Madura is doing a bang-up job in ensuring civil rights, improving the standard of living and growing the economy in one of the poorist and least developed countries in Latin America.

We, the US, did a bang-up job in humanitarian hurricane relief in Honduras in 1998.

The war in Latin America most certainly was about communism and communism was thouroughly rejected by the people. In El Salvador, Alfredo Cristiani did a great job getting his country through the civil war with the communists and in free elections following the war Francisco Flores beat FMLN guerilla candidate Facundo Guardado. The Frente Farabundo Marti para la Liberacion Nacional, by the way, is the only political party that has ever shot at me. Arena candidate Tony Saca is now heading the El Salvadoran Government.

In Nicaragua, the communists were again soundly defeated when Violetta Barrios de Chamorro trounced Sandanista candidate Daniel Ortega in Managua in 1990.

To all three nations, the US is a valued trading partner - we buy nearly 70% of what they produce.

GV

~

You asked about the phrase refering to Coca Cola. There was nothing about the United Fruit Company or Chevron's pipeline (of which I'm well aware) in your question. By the way, Coca Cola had holdings in sugar cane and other crops.

Oh yeah, the School of the Americas was good for Central America? Ha! It was good for the wealthy ruling class and the gentlemen that assasinated the loud mouth Archbishop Romero (yes, trained at SA), and the Contra death squads (trained @ SA). Yeah right, the S.A. has a golden halo around its' head.

Of course the US bases in Honduras are legal. However, the direct support of their military to cross the so called borders to fight the FMLN and Sandinistas was completely illegal. That has been well documented after documents were declassified in the early 90's...or did you conveniently forget that too?

The war in Central America having anything to do with communism is quite the sophomoric view. It was about resources and trade hands down. Of course the right wing would like you to believe otherwise. If you take a moment to put down your Kool Aid and learn something about the history of Cornelius Vanderbilt and William Walker, you might understand.

Something else you conveniently omitted. The Sandinistas maintained control of the legislature, judiciary, and military in Nicaragua through most of the 90's. The legislature also has more influence than the president...less so than the president does in the US.

The FMLN shot at you? Perhaps you shouldn't have been there.:rolleyes:

It is quite apprent that your original question was loaded and was bait so that you can regurgitate your drivel.

My views are based on the study of Central American history as well as first hand interaction with the working people of Central America. Please understand if I put more stock in their word as opposed to the empty words of a brainwashed imperialist idealogue.

Last edited:
El Chupacabra said:
You can't name a place on Earth where the people aren't better off because of the involvement of the US government or businesses or private groups that outreach.

If you are a godless marxist you might not be happy about it. Then stay away from the big brass belt buckle of the Bible Belt -- Dallas Texas.

The one thing that pisses me off about unions is the support for liberal democrats.

ahem, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, as in destabilazing the region to which to Pol Pots can fester? Somalia, Iraq, on and on??

Oh yeah right, these places are better off.

Central America is better off because the people regained power with no help from our illegal war.

Last edited:
yes they are better off because of us. But worse off because of our enemies and their resistance.

Can you imagine how much better off Viet Nam would be if they had turned away from Communism and became a friend of the US?

Iraq is infinitely better off but a work in progress. They are free aren't they?

BTW... Today is a very Special day.

July 6 is the birthday of President George W. Bush.
To celebrate
Go Here Now

Last edited:
El Chupacabra said:
yes they are better off because of us. But worse off because of our enemies and their resistance.

Can you imagine how much better off Viet Nam would be if they had turned away from Communism and became a friend of the US?

Iraq is infinitely better off but a work in progress. They are free aren't they?

BTW... Today is a very Special day.

July 6 is the birthday of President George W. Bush.
To celebrate
Go Here Now

actually Vietnam is doing quite well and they're still quite communist. Remember, we lost that war...or did you not get the memo?

Iraq better off? Tell that to the victims of "collateral damage". We'll see.

Oh yeah, North Korea is better off too. got it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back