Netjets Dallas or Seattle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seattle/Dallas

Seattle is a wonderful city to live in. 20 million slugs can't be all wrong.

People in Seattle don't water their lawns - they drain them.

This is not a sun tan - this is rust!

Seattle sells more sunglasses per capita then any other city in the US. Sun comes out and you run to the store for sunglasses. 5 hours later, the goes away. Six months later, the sun comes out and you forgot where you put the sunglaases. You run to the store to buy another pair of sunglasses.

But seriously folks; the QOL in Seattle is excellent though property values are thru the roof. If BFI is your base, then you want to move live north. Everett, Marysville, even Mount Vernon will keep you within an hours drive of BFI. Plenty of outdoor activities and the cultural climate is the best anywhere. But then there is the weather. Expect 3 months of spring and 10 months of winter. No state income tax here either. But a lot of transplanted Californians.

Dallas: There was a recent exodus from Dallas when Delta close their base there and moved it back to ATL. That means there are a lot of houses on the market in the DFW/DAL area. But for the QOL, I would pick Ft. Worth, tenderfoot. Lots of heritage there. Also check out Euless, a bit closer to DFW. North Street BARBEQUE is only open on Fri, Sat and Sun. All you can eat for $12.99. Awesome BBQ!!. Dallas also has the most beautiful women in the free world. Great breeding stock!! And I agree that Grapevine is also a most look into.

Thunderbird.........are GO!!

Last edited:
Texas. Watch out for all of the conservatives with the 3/4 trucks (with bedliners and that they're afraid of getting dirty) clad with NRA and W stickers!
:D

BornAgainPagan said:
Texas. Watch out for all of the conservatives with the 3/4 trucks (with bedliners and that they're afraid of getting dirty) clad with NRA and W stickers!
:D

I don't think Gunfyter's afraid of very much, specially not dirt - he's a Marine.

BornAgainPagan said:
"La coca Cola, las aguas negras del imperialismo"
one very smart Honduran during the Reagan regime

"Coke is the black water of imperialism." What is that about? What does Honduras have that we want? All we have done there is send money by the truckload and prop up their military. Support your statement.

GV

Definately go to Ft Worth if you decide DFW is the place. I'm not going to mention my favorite restraunt the lines are already long enough. But it blows "Big D" away...

GVFlyer said:
I don't think Gunfyter's afraid of very much, specially not dirt - he's a Marine.
GV
Well we are a very clean people. I don't mind dirt but you gotta mix some water in with it. MUD. And we don't mind if there is some Blood mixed in there too. In fact that is better. A little beer helps too. Now all we need is a football and a bunch of guys who can play Rugby.

I like to keep my bedliner clean but will make exception for blood as long as its from at least a 10 pointer... or really really obnoxious liberal....

GVFlyer said:

"Coke is the black water of imperialism." What is that about? What does Honduras have that we want? All we have done there is send money by the truckload and prop up their military. Support your statement.

GV

Coca Cola had many agricultural holdings in Central America. What do they have that we want/ed? Cheap labor and agricultural products. The war in Central America was not about communism. That phrase was common among the locals in Honduras. Ironically, this was uttered to me by one of the locals in Porvenir while sharing a Coke.

We sent the money and material support to their military, illegally. It wasn't just Nicaragua and El Salvador.

I'm not shy at naming my favorite restaraunts in Fort worth!!

Mexican: La Playa Maya
Steak: H3 Steakhouse
BBQ: Railhead
Seafood: Rockfish

BornAgainPagan said:
Coca Cola had many agricultural holdings in Central America. What do they have that we want/ed? Cheap labor and agricultural products. The war in Central America was not about communism. That phrase was common among the locals in Honduras. Ironically, this was uttered to me by one of the locals in Porvenir while sharing a Coke.

Please get your Marxist rhetoric right if you're going to spout it! It was the United Fruit Company that had extensive holdings in Latin America and oppressed the people. Clay Shaw of that company also had JFK shot, too, right? Coca-Cola is supposed to be symbolic of our exportable culture which overwhelms indigenous cultures throughout the world. What do you think Coca-Cola grows there - cocaine for their Coke? Coke buys guarare for their Sobe and Rockstar brands from Brazil. Other than that all they have is bottling plants in Latin America. But wait! There's a popular leftist rant that Coke hires union busting thugs to murder those who try to organize their plant in Columbia. You could pick that for a cause. You also forgot to point out that the US Army's School of the America's is somehow responsible for all of Latin America's woes.

BornAgainPagan said:
We sent the money and material support to their military, illegally. It wasn't just Nicaragua and El Salvador.

Wrong again. In Honduras the US has legal military bases in Soto Cano and Palmerola. Congress has to fund military bases. Honduras, by the way, is a Democratic Constitutional Republic. I think popularly elected President Ricardo Madura is doing a bang-up job in ensuring civil rights, improving the standard of living and growing the economy in one of the poorist and least developed countries in Latin America.

We, the US, did a bang-up job in humanitarian hurricane relief in Honduras in 1998.

The war in Latin America most certainly was about communism and communism was thouroughly rejected by the people. In El Salvador, Alfredo Cristiani did a great job getting his country through the civil war with the communists and in free elections following the war Francisco Flores beat FMLN guerilla candidate Facundo Guardado. The Frente Farabundo Marti para la Liberacion Nacional, by the way, is the only political party that has ever shot at me. Arena candidate Tony Saca is now heading the El Salvadoran Government.

In Nicaragua, the communists were again soundly defeated when Violetta Barrios de Chamorro trounced Sandanista candidate Daniel Ortega in Managua in 1990.

To all three nations, the US is a valued trading partner - we buy nearly 70% of what they produce.

GV

~

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back