NetJets classes for November?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On Your Six said:
Besides the Ultra and the X, are newhires being placed into other aircraft? Which aircraft are most likely over the next few months? I would imagine the Beechjet and Excel would also be probable. How about the Sovereign and the G200 in the next few months?

It's hard to say what you'll be offered. Though the hiring folks say that they try to offer a plane they believe the new-hire will successful in, they also have to balance that with available sim slots at FlightSafety. I've seen turboprop-only people get the 400XP and also the X. I've seen retired airline guys get the Falcon and also the Ultra. It really does depend on several factors.

The big kicker in this is that the TA at NetJets has the potential to offer more pay to an SIC on the largest aircraft. That could potentially have some effect on movement and thus aircraft available to new-hires. It does seem likely that the majority of SIC's will choose to upgrade instead of remaining in the right seat on bypass pay.

Which airplane would be better to get into as new hire and why?
Is there pay difference on a/c depending on the size for fo?
Thanks

There are 2 indoc classes that I know of in November and before the TA is ratified: the 7th and the 14th. I'm taking the 7th in the Ultra. I guess they selected me for just the Ultra because they didn't offer me the X. Ohh well, I think the Ultra should be fun.

RJET said:
Which airplane would be better to get into as new hire and why?
Is there pay difference on a/c depending on the size for fo?
Thanks

Doesn't really matter what you start in, although starting in the smaller craft may allow earlier upgrades due to seat locks-ie: start in the Ultra with seat lock, and more Ultra bids become available as senior guys move up to larger equipment. Some have upgraded during indoc in the past. Most junior PIC is about 2000 out of 2300 on the seniority list. This is kind of artificial though, as many senior FO's will seek upgrade now that bypass pay goes away. Seat locks are waived if non-seat lock bids don't fill the need. Not sure about duration and terms for seat locks in the TA-haven't gotten that far yet.

Pay is the same for all for the first 5 yrs per the TA, except for Cat 4 and 5 a/c. Those include Gulfstreams, Falcon 200EX, and BBJ. After 5 yrs, each cat that caps continues to increase at 2.5%. Bottom line is after 15 years, there is less than 1000/mo difference between cat 1 and 3. Not sure about FO caps though. Motivation exists to upgrade sooner rather than later now, as bypass pay goes away, and scales increase for PIC. Nice thing is if you upgrade at year 3, you get yr 3 capt pay.

Some on this board believe the bubble will burst and growth could come to a standstill. While possible for short periods, it is highly unlikely that would last. Netjets as a whole has over 1000 jets on order at this point. I know some options will not be exercised, and there will be a/c attrition, but the net gain will still continue to be impressive. There is a vast market yet to be exploited. Some owners are returning to whole ownership, as our demand has exceeded our supply, but 2006 will see a huge increase in a/c deliveries.

Inida Job said:
Ride,
I interviewed in July but hadn't yet separated from the USAF so I had to wait for class dates.

Why, when you have a GV type, are you going to NJA? Have you taken a vow of poverty?

I think someone might be in for a rude awakening when they discover the musical chair game that is civilian aviation.

Pervis,
thanks for the reply. I send my application about two days and trying to get on before the Nov 21. With the new TA, Netjets seems like a good place to work. The only concern I have is with HBA. I heard that company can limit crewmember participating in the HBA system to 30%. I think pilot that get on before the 21st will be granfather in. Can the company change their HBA due to this 30% clause. How does this 30% apply to new hires that come on aboard after the TA? And what is this list the company will come out every quarter as qualified HBA?

Gimme a V!

Seaspray,
I only have 300 hours in the G-V (courtesy of the USAF and joe taxpayer). Almost everyone I talk to wants at least 500 before they'll put me in a G-V job. It has also been 2.5 years since my last flight in the G-V and that doesn't help either. Additionally, I don't know anyone working for NJI so I don't have an "in." If you know someone that wants to pay me to fly a G-V (or G350/450/500/550) I'd love to. I had a blast flying that airplane and would love to get back to it.

IJ

RJET said:
Pervis,
The only concern I have is with HBA. I heard that company can limit crewmember participating in the HBA system to 30%. I think pilot that get on before the 21st will be granfather in. Can the company change their HBA due to this 30% clause. How does this 30% apply to new hires that come on aboard after the TA? And what is this list the company will come out every quarter as qualified HBA?

RJ - I sent you a PM with info.

Latest resources

Back