• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets China in the works?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
www.netjetsasiapacific.com takes you to the NetJets launch site...

I think there is something in the works. Heck, it would make sense. BH knows there is money to be made in China as shown by WB sinking capital into the BYD car company over there. I think China would be a cash cow for NetJets and I'd certainly be willing to go over there to fly.

www.netjetsasiapacific.com takes you to the NetJets launch site...

I think there is something in the works. Heck, it would make sense. BH knows there is money to be made in China as shown by WB sinking capital into the BYD car company over there. I think China would be a cash cow for NetJets and I'd certainly be willing to go over there to fly.

Good find. I agree that something is likely to happen out of this. We have more aircraft and pilots than we need here in the US. Why not send them over to China to start up this operation? We'd have a huge advantage by already having the resources right from the start. My bet is no or very few furloughs at NetJets since the guys that would be furloughed here will be given the opportunity to fly in Asia. I guess we'll see what happens.

FYI, it does the same thing when you click on www.netjetscanada.com as well. So maybe it really isn't anything special.

Last edited:
Hey, whatever happened to the message about NJ Middle East hiring us?

I know they stopped hiring for a bit. But has anyone checked on their status lately.. I was willing to bite the bullet and head over if I needed. I can live in a sandbox for a bit to keep the house intact..

Hey, whatever happened to the message about NJ Middle East hiring us?

I know they stopped hiring for a bit. But has anyone checked on their status lately.. I was willing to bite the bullet and head over if I needed. I can live in a sandbox for a bit to keep the house intact..

I think they are in the same shape we are right now from what I've heard.

The ex President of EJM was sent over there permanently what 2 years ago to start this project.... the president with the really bad wig, we always laughed as you had 4 of them to represent his hair getting longer, then he would go get a hair cut every 4th week and put on this short wig again...

Good find. I agree that something is likely to happen out of this. We have more aircraft and pilots than we need here in the US. Why not send them over to China to start up this operation? We'd have a huge advantage by already having the resources right from the start. My bet is no or very few furloughs at NetJets since the guys that would be furloughed here will be given the opportunity to fly in Asia. I guess we'll see what happens.

FYI, it does the same thing when you click on www.netjetscanada.com as well. So maybe it really isn't anything special.

It would make perfect sense, I agree. There isn't any competition over there, not even charter outfits. We'd be a monopoly. Only challenging thing would be getting our QS tails to Chinese registration to get the 3 hr deal on flight plans and tax breaks. Instead of any negative big announcements in the next couple of months, maybe there will be a positive one like 'expansion' instead of consolidation of assets and resources. This keeps everyone employed, the morale high, and wouldn't cut into FlightSafetys profit from training us. Furloughing guys at NJA hurts their bottom line since we feed them. I just wish we weren't so in the dark about things. Maybe its for competitive reasons so other fractionals don't try to do the same thing. Who knows, we hopefully will find out soon. What a great opportunity in what seems to be perfect timing.

Well said. May end up being to the company's advantage that we haven't furloughed yet, therefore, we'd have the pilots available right from the start.

<<<< FYI, it does the same thing when you click on www.netjetscanada.com as well. So maybe it really isn't anything special.>>>>

Probably a red herring, but the domain name NetJetsChina has a different WhoIs listing (it doesn't link back to the NJ Global site - for which there are 30 domains listed in the WhoIs information) - & it was registered in Feb 2009 - but only for one year.........

Maybe someone within NJ is "domain camping" so that they can sell it on??? :p

It would make perfect sense, I agree. There isn't any competition over there, not even charter outfits. We'd be a monopoly. Only challenging thing would be getting our QS tails to Chinese registration to get the 3 hr deal on flight plans and tax breaks...

DATE:09/09/09
SOURCE:Flight International

Manufacturers look to China as business jet market recovers
By

Business jet manufacturers are beginning to see some green shoots and expect China to be an important driver in the recovery of corporate aircraft sales in Asia.
Despite the economic downturn, Hong Kong-based David Dixon, Bombardier vice-president for sales, says prospects for business jets have probably never been better and China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan could embark on another growth spurt.
"The economic crisis in Asia is different as the ability to lend and borrow was not as badly affected as it was in North America and Europe. The financial institutions here were not in as much trouble, and so the business aviation market has not followed the market in North America," he says.
"The interest in business jets has come back and come back very quickly over here. The level of interest is high. That is a very good sign."
Airbus believes that a change in attitude towards the ownership of business jets in China will see a major growth in orders, particularly in the area of larger cabins, says Francois Chazelle, head of Airbus's executive and private aviation division.
Asia Pacific's share of the airliner sector is forecast to reach 30% and Chazelle says that executive aircraft could do the same.
He points out that China is coming from virtually a standing start. "A few years back people didn't own houses, let alone business jets. It wasn't culturally or politically acceptable. There is now a big change and the Chinese government recognises the role these aircraft play as a corporate tool.
"There is a clear direction from central government to develop business aviation as a means to develop the economy. As more wealth is created and demand rises, so does the need for business aircraft."
Traditionally, the demand for the airliner or large-cabin aircraft comes from customers moving up from smaller jets. Experience in Russia showed Airbus that this could be different.
"Because it is a new market we find some owners will go straight to an Airbus Corporate Jet," Chazelle says. "Culturally, we think that there is more of a demand for new aircraft rather than used aircraft."
Bombardier's Dixon concurs that the perception of China as being a tough market for business jets is changing. From only a handful of airports being open to business jets almost a decade ago, about 150 of the country's 400 airports are now accessible to all business jets and many are near the major cities.
It once took about a week to obtain permission for foreign-registered aircraft to fly to China. Now, the owners need only provide additional information for checks the first time the aircraft flies into the country. For subsequent trips, permits are usually issued within a day, says Dixon.
Embraer has been trying to build on its existing operations in China to boost sales.
"We are affected by the economic crisis because the whole business jet market shrank, making it difficult for aircraft sales, However, this also is a time when customers are seeking aircraft with value for money, lower operating cost and better customer support," the company says.
Asia will continue to be a key segment for Gulfstream, which plans to have field representatives in China and Japan in the coming months in addition to existing personnel in Hong Kong, Singapore and India. It is also pushing to increase the availability of after-sales service centres and the spares stockpile in the region.
"We have invested substantial amounts of time and money into services spare parts over the past 10 years in the region, and we are seeing the benefits with increased sales around here," says Roger Sperry, Gulfstream's vice-president international sales. "We are particularly interested in Asia and we see our presence growing in the coming years," he adds.
Meanwhile, fast-growing on-demand/block charter operator VistaJet teamed with Bombardier to offer demonstration flights on two of its models during the show - a brand-new Challenger 605 and a larger 850.
VistaJet has seen demand in the Asian region pick up substantially from April following a tough start to the year, says founder, owner and chairman Thomas Flohr.
The company, whose principal rival NetJets does not have a presence in Asia, is on track to achieve 15% growth in the region for the full year.
"With the general economic climate picking up, especially in Hong Kong, Macau and mainland China, we are very happy to have the opportunity to show our aircraft," says Flohr.

Latest resources

Back