Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RP170

Beijing Relaxes Private Flight Plan Applications
Sept. 7 – China has relaxed applications for private flight plans from six days to just three hours, a move that will likely lead to a boom in the private jet travel business.

The decision means it is now possible for a Chinese registered Airbus A318 elite or Gulfstream 200 to file a flight plan with the mainland aviation authorities three to six hours prior to take off as opposed to the three to six day lead time previously required. The three to six day requirement will still apply for foreign aircraft.

Greater China may now be poised to take lead in a market dominated by the Middle East and previously suppressed in the country because of political and military reasons. Airbus is also set to establish an outfitting center in the mainland to allow Chinese customers to choose their preferred cabin decorations.

It is becoming less expensive to fly domestically registered jets. Flight plans used to cost US$4,400 to file but the fee will now be waived for domestically registered crafts. They will also implement lower navigating and parking fees for domestic registered aircraft.

Beijing is encouraging the ownership and use of private jets by cutting duties and taxes on the purchase from 23 percent to 6 percent in 2010.

http://www.china-briefing.com/news/2...lications.html

Once again, the ChiComs prove they know more about Capitalism and stimulating industry than we do.....

At least they are taking significant steps forward and moving in the right direction as far as capitalism is concerned. I don't think the same can be said in this country.

At least they are taking significant steps forward and moving in the right direction as far as capitalism is concerned. I don't think the same can be said in this country.

Exactamundo

It was posted to spark some potential talk about fractionals moving into China. It was hijacked fairly quickly though. I think we will see NJA move into China with all of our aircraft that are apparently sitting around. Makes sense since we have the airplanes available along with the pilots to do it as well. Hopefully this would mitigate any potential furloughs. Our management team was apparently in China a couple weeks ago as well.

Very interesting times ahead. I'm cautiously optimistic especially since China has opened their skies to business aviation. At the very least, it should create job opportunities for corporate pilots that have been layed off in the US.

I was told that NetJets currently had a team of consultants helping the Chinese officials set up their own set general aviation rules and regs similar to the ones we have here in the states. Last I heard, it was going well.

I was told that NetJets currently had a team of consultants helping the Chinese officials set up their own set general aviation rules and regs similar to the ones we have here in the states. Last I heard, it was going well.

Yeah, I heard that too, over 2 years ago in Company recurrent.

Where does anyone even get the idea that Netjets is expanding?

Please, even one source that says anything but, "They would like to" or "Are planning"

Wishfull thinkers and dreamers here. Unless you can show me something tangible, I'm gonna say there are no expansion plans in the near future for ANY fractional.

Latest resources

Back