• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets/Cessna

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yea, what Bogart said! We will loose some of our brothers and sisters, it just sucks. All our hearts go out to our good friends and their families. As for the company, we are retooling for the current market place and pushing the products that have worked for us over the last couple years. If the Fractional business is bad business for us, I'm sure it's true across the board. This process has many moving parts. It's yet been seen how our fractional owner will except the fact we will not continue their contracts. Hopefully they will continue in a different product offering. Until we see how they respond, we don't know the extent in the reduction in force. I'm sure this was a very difficult but necessary decision for all involved. Everyone in this line of work is by no means except from the need of business survival 101. God bless and good luck to all pilots. After all we all are brothers and sisters in this crazy business.

Last edited:
No offense to CS and it's pilots. I feel bad for any jobs lost, but Humphry, NJA does own the market I'd say having about 70% market share, and being larger than the rest of the industry combined gives them a statistical advantage.

Making money or not is a simple solution by some accountants. They can make it look any way they want. But if CS isn't making money that doesn't mean no one is.. (Not saying NJA is making money, reports say YES but who really knows)

By all recent reports, CS was intending on growing, recalling pilots/hiring pilots. Something in the recent passed has changed their view on the business. Was it an order from NJA with a competition clause attached? Maybe.... Billions of dollars in a/c orders is probably worth more to Cessna than it's <80 a/c worth of owners and the revenue that it brings in over the next 5-10 years.

Then again maybe Cessna wanted out of the fractional market just out of pure business planning? Since '08 they had drastically changed their direction/name already. Maybe this was an extension of that?

Seeing how there have not been a whole lot of shares sold since 2007/08. Letting those 5 year contracts expire probably won't be a very long or teduious process. Anything signed in 2008 will expire next year.....

Hope the best for CS. But Humphy, don't blame NJA or the pilots for it. We are not salivating. Is it less competition? Sure. Do we feel maybe there is a chance your hardship may improve NJA pilots long term. Of course.... My family before yours.... But we also know that the recent CS decision may mean bad things for the whole industry if they don't see a future in it. We will have to wait and see what is said in any announcements.

No offense to CS and it's pilots. I feel bad for any jobs lost, but Humphry, NJA does own the market I'd say having about 70% market share, and being larger than the rest of the industry combined gives them a statistical advantage.

Making money or not is a simple solution by some accountants. They can make it look any way they want. But if CS isn't making money that doesn't mean no one is.. (Not saying NJA is making money, reports say YES but who really knows)

By all recent reports, CS was intending on growing, recalling pilots/hiring pilots. Something in the recent passed has changed their view on the business. Was it an order from NJA with a competition clause attached? Maybe.... Billions of dollars in a/c orders is probably worth more to Cessna than it's <80 a/c worth of owners and the revenue that it brings in over the next 5-10 years.

Then again maybe Cessna wanted out of the fractional market just out of pure business planning? Since '08 they had drastically changed their direction/name already. Maybe this was an extension of that?

Seeing how there have not been a whole lot of shares sold since 2007/08. Letting those 5 year contracts expire probably won't be a very long or teduious process. Anything signed in 2008 will expire next year.....

Hope the best for CS. But Humphy, don't blame NJA or the pilots for it. We are not salivating. Is it less competition? Sure. Do we feel maybe there is a chance your hardship may improve NJA pilots long term. Of course.... My family before yours.... But we also know that the recent CS decision may mean bad things for the whole industry if they don't see a future in it. We will have to wait and see what is said in any announcements.

Your an @ss. We are no threat to NJ and NJ are in no financial position to make a multi billion dollar deal with Cessna. I'm sure there is something behind the scenes with the large Global order. Maybe and just maybe it's worth a lot of money to sale of the Global orders. As for having 70% percent of the fractional business, I wish NJ had 100% of this loosing side of the business in the current market. This would be good for the rest of us. At one time it was good to be the 800# monkey. Now it's time to smaller, smarter and lean and mean. With this said, this was not to be an attack on NJ just on the ignorance of the one who post such uneducated BS!

Between the AA pilots and potentially the CS pilots, I think the pilot shortage may have just gotten fixed...

They fixed the glitch:(

Your an @ss. We are no threat to NJ and NJ are in no financial position to make a multi billion dollar deal with Cessna. I'm sure there is something behind the scenes with the large Global order. Maybe and just maybe it's worth a lot of money to sale of the Global orders. As for having 70% percent of the fractional business, I wish NJ had 100% of this loosing side of the business in the current market. This would be good for the rest of us. At one time it was good to be the 800# monkey. Now it's time to smaller, smarter and lean and mean. With this said, this was not to be an attack on NJ just on the ignorance of the one who post such uneducated BS!

When calling someone an A@$, it is important to be able to spell at least to a third grade level.

YOU LOSE YOUR JOB
SOMETHING THAT IS NOT TIGHT, IS LOOSE

J F'n C people.

I was simply refuting Bogarts accusation that NJ people were foaming at the mouth..... and no, I never thought CS was a threat... As far as positions to make multi-billion dollar deals....:rolleyes:

Bent, some of you Netjet guys are foaming at the mouth, ie. Dad, and num nuts Njowner. Both of them are like vultures looking for CA carcasses so they can sink their rotten beaks into us. Well, we're not dead, and still going to be that thorn in the 800# gorillas side. You Netjet guys are the ones that start all the rumors. Maybe you all have just too much time on your hands?

I think its safe to say for most of the furloughed pilots at NJA, we have moved on and are not thinking about coming back anymore. I can't speak for the people that are still there but now a 7 on 7 off schedule sounds like death. I can't imagine anybody who is furloughed 'licking their chops' that NJ might take over CA market share.

Completely agree. Not to mention if this does create more flying for Netjets, they will just say the 350 additional furloughs they were planning will now be put on the back burner. I think for most of the 495, Netjets has lost its luster.....

I for one hope the CA guys/gals are able to find something quickly. Trust me once you lose your currency, nobody will want you. Not even the regionals.....

Latest resources

Back