Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets' Captains need to get over themselves!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
The most recent data from the NTSB shows that 70% of transport category aircraft accidents occurred when the Captain was the PF...just something to think about for those of you with Little Captains syndrome.
That being said, I have never had a CA at NJA fail to offer the left seat and alternating legs. Frankly, I don't care. I've been in the left seat of planes bigger than we fly at NJA, and really, it just comes down to "who cares?" for me. It's the CA's place and his JOB to make decisions that keep things smooth and safe. If it is his opinion that safety is jeopardized by having a left seat SIC, so be it. NO SIC has any right to argue this any more than the CA has any right to argue with an SIC who calls "go around". If where you sit is hurting your feelings, you need to either thicken your skin or get out of airplanes. You are the SIC. You have a job to do and a seat to do it in. I would bet my big toe that the same SICs who bellyache over which seat they sit in are also the ones who logged PIC when they were "sole manipulator".
Enough of this...typed or not, you are the SIC. I don't care where I sit. I'm just happy to have a good job. Ego schmego. What I could really go for is that Home Reserve Type Rating.

Thank you Terry! And THAT should be the final word. Merry Christmas and Happy Trails!

I can't believe this post still going......come on guys let it go......done ........finish..........finito.........no mas.........THEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back