• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets App - Question ... DOH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like i said my FOM is somewhere but not here.
Do you have pax on board on ferry flights?

Diesel,

The SOP did not differentiate between ferry flights and owner flights. What I quoted was exactly how it was written (including the emboldened all) in the SOP.

The way I interpret the headset subparagraph is that you must wear a headset at all times (and all altitudes) with passengers onboard. And......when on a ferry flight, you are only required to wear a headset below FL180. Of course, that's just my interpretation....I could be wrong.

FWIW, I couldn't find anything about headsets in the FOM.

Your interpretation is correct.

I just have to find it in the FOM for you.

LOL 40+ posts and over 1000 views...and somebody answered my question about 50 percent of the way....

I would have to say this thread might get the off topic of the year award!

At least it has been good reading though

:)

Last edited:
Good thread this,

I fully understand the frustrations that most of you new folks are feeling. Believe it or not, the communication, standardization and training used to be A LOT worse. Almost non-existent. This is not an excuse for the issues that we are still having, but understand that there has been a huge amount of progress in the last five years. We still have a long way to go.

As far as people getting released from IOE and still not knowing their SOPs, that is 100% the IOE Captain's fault. As IOE Captains, we are the sole decision makers as to who gets release from IOE. Unfortunately, not all of us are doing the job correctly. This can be chalked up to a "good ol' boy" network and poor training of IOE captains.

Latest resources

Back