Netjets Announcement - Adding 450 Pilots in 06

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

On Your Six

Note the benefits of a happy workforce (thanks to the new TA) - you can continue to grow.... Might be old news but at least they are announcing it publicly. Probably a great opportunity for all of those very unhappy regional pilots (Mesaba, Comair, etc.) out there...

Berkshire Hathaway unit NetJets to add 450 pilots
Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:20 AM ET
NEW YORK, Feb 13 (Reuters) - NetJets Aviation, an affiliate of Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (BRKa.N: Quote, Profile, Research) (BRKb.N: Quote, Profile, Research), on Monday said it plans to hire 450 pilots in 2006, a 19 percent increase over its current pilot base, to meet rising demand for its services.
New pilots will be based at Columbus International Airport in Ohio, Dallas' Love Field, Los Angeles International Airport, Teterboro Airport in New Jersey, and West Palm Beach International Airport. NetJets Aviation's operations center is located in Columbus.

NetJets Aviation operates more than 420 aircraft. Its NetJets Inc. parent specializes in private business charter flights. The company allows customers to buy fractional shares of aircraft, giving them a specified amount of flying time a year on particular aircraft, depending on their travel needs.
Berkshire bought NetJets for $725 million in 1998.
© Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.

Last edited:
Isn't this less than previously expected? I had heard 500+ at the DFW Air Inc. fair.

Could be they realize they might not be able to hire and train those numbers? That's got to be a logistical nightmare trying to figure out how to train all those pilots and intergrate upgrades too!

It's good news either way! Hope to be one of those 450.

JR

We were told 600-700 in recurrent. But we all knew that there was no way NJA could train all of those pilots.

Consider the date of the announcement versus when we heard numbers like 521.

I heard 521 on the 11th of Jan, and since then they have hired over a hundred as far as I know. So the 450 number may make sense in the light of being put out after a large number of folks have already been put in the pipe line.

YUP....2500/500 ATP First Class. Must be Current. Your choice of TEB, CMH, DAL, LAX or PBI. No wavering on ANY of these. Competitive total time seems to be around 4500-5000 hours.

Thanks for the info. I have a good friend who just got hired there a couple months ago with about 3000 TT. I live in MCO so I guess PBI would work nicely as a base.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back