• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gunfyter said:
Corpus or San Antone?

Commuted over 6 yrs from SAT

Corpus. Realize DAL is a long drive but after looking at all factors I could certainly make that, or a ticket on SWA, work 2 - 3 times a month for a few years until we are ready to move further north.

Guitar Guy said:
VVJM265 - the one domicile issue still outstanding for some people is moving between domiciles. It's not addressed in the contract as far as I can tell and I've not heard anything about it from the union or the company.

As long as I can select DAL from the beggining, it a non issue for us, since we are planning on staying in TX. But that's just our situation, everyone has their own factors.

Guitar Guy said:
By the way, if you are hoping to come to NJA, best wishes to you.

Thanks. Resumes are in with NJA and NJI. NJA recieved it last Tuesday, so I'm waiting on the application.

Don't want to open the can of worms that is on the other thread. Both companies are good solutions for me, type of flying, equipment, etc. I'd be happy at either and keeping the fingers crossed, 'cause frankly, not a whole lot else looks as appealing from my perspective.

Speaking of flying, it's a beautiful day down here in S. TX. On the sched for an out-in, single student for ILS intro, think we'll have a late lunch down by the border. Life is good!

I'm out....

ILS Intro????

gunfyter said:
Maneuvers are Demo'd Intro'd and Practiced then Reviewed...

in the Naval Air Training Command.

Intro is the first time it is done by the stud.

Thanks gunfyter. Sidebar - that's actually the way we used to do it. In the multiengine world we've gone to the AF block type syllabus & grading, but the 2 hops yesterday were the first ones for the stud to ever do ILS approaches in the aircraft.

Talked to a training guy last week and he said 400-450 will be about right. I don't think we could train any more than that anyway. Not to say we wont hire more, but that is all that can fit in the pipeline now.

NetJets is hiring 280 more pilots
NorthJersey.com [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Sat, 18 Feb 2006 0:01 AM PST[/SIZE][/FONT]
NetJets Aviation said Monday that it is adding 450 pilots this year to keep up with rising demand for high-end air travel. The business-jet industry is booming, and NetJets, along with other charter companies, expects to be increasing the size of its fleet in the coming years.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back