• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Announcement - Adding 450 Pilots in 06

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That would be good news if that were to happen. The contract allows them to open other Domiciles.
The more choices there are, the better it is for the pilots and their families.

Saying that for now they are planning on sticking with the five domiciles. Not even sure when asked if you can switch between the five at a later date. No has yet tried this, but Derinda suggested applying for a 'home-base shuffle' when a bid comes out and see how the company and union want to hash that out. This from the pre-interview tour on the 14th

Right. The contract says that if they open a new domiclie the domicile pilots can't be forced to move there, but I didn't see anything addressing (at least in the Domicile Section) the issue of volunteering to move to a new domicile, or requesting to move to one of the other 5 after you have been hired. I guess the BBWG will be ironing out those details. In the meantime, I'd advise anyone interviewing to ask lots of questions on the subject. If any promises are made, get it in writing.

As of the Feb 14th seniority list, we have hired 71 in January and 23 so far in Feburary.

Hasn't the domicile issue been beat to death on the board? From what I understand, they are letting newhires pick the the domicile. Plus you can live where ever you want, just show up to work on time the first day of your tour. This was one thing, among others, that turned NJA into an option for us. If I get picked up by NJA, I'll still have to commute, but it will be w/i state, well TX is as big as some contries, and a commute that I will have more control over. Granted HBA would be better, but this seems like the next best thing.

VVJM265 - the one domicile issue still outstanding for some people is moving between domiciles. It's not addressed in the contract as far as I can tell and I've not heard anything about it from the union or the company.

By the way, if you are hoping to come to NJA, best wishes to you.

netjetwife said:
If any promises are made, get it in writing.
It has been my experience that will NOT happen. The interviewee's will ultimately get (should they be hired) what's in the CBA, since they decided to become union members. The "company" is not in a position to deviated from the CBA and will not "put things in writing".

That's just how it works now.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back