• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets and 200/barrel oil

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The point is the cost of flying on these airplanes is not a crushing factor @ $200/barrel oil.

Less impact than the coming Devastating tax increases...and the impact to the overall economy of high oil prices which is essentially a tax on the cost of everything produced, shipped and consumed. Thats what brought STAGflation of the 1970's. High inflation, high taxes, and high oil prices.

Expensive fuel costs for private flights -- no factor.

Economy crippled by STAGflation ... huge impact.

The $200/barrel scenario will affect EVERYONE, and its possible. Hurricane season is almost here, a couple of hurricanes hit the Gulf of Mexico and we're at $200 or close.

when the price of oil goes up, it hurts the airlines instantly, they increase fares. How many airline tickets does NJ buy on a yealy basis? a s***tload. It affects us in many ways, not just buying fuel at an FBO

USAir is the whore of air fares lately. I've seen many last minute tickets go for under $200 with tax. Revenue management airways seems to be staffed by crew scheduling.

What happens when oil hits $200?

Our very wealthy owners pay for it.

Yes, it is that simple.:)

No, it really isn't....

As other said, $200/bbl oil will put serious brakes on many sectors of the economy, including those that supply our owners with that wealth.

We're not affected too much directly by the oil price, but don't think for a minute that it can't affect our overall business.

200-250/bbl and gas at the pump of $6.00 to $10.00 you better believe it will affect us. I predict we will slow down a lot in the next few years IF things don't get better around the world. I see a 10 year upgrade at NetJets not that far off.

200-250/bbl and gas at the pump of $6.00 to $10.00 you better believe it will affect us. I predict we will slow down a lot in the next few years IF things don't get better around the world. I see a 10 year upgrade at NetJets not that far off.

SWEET! I just left a 10 year upgrade for NJA!!!!! WTF.

Not a prob though 1st year pay here is better than 10 capt. Pay on reserve where I left.

Latest resources

Back