• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

NetJets Accident

jetwash

Total Time
23 yrs
Anyone have any information on the Netjets Citation that burned up on the runway in Texas as few weeks ago?

What happened to the pilots?

Did the Union do anything to help them out?

Any links to the reports would be appreciated.

flx757

I gotta have more cowbell
Total Time
I heard the pilots were absolved of any wrong doing and the FO is currently in upgrade training.

hawkerjock

If true, the pilots will have no problem getting the pay they are after if their union is strong enough to keep these guys employed. Must have been a problem with the brakes and thrust reversers. Bad day.

hawkerjock

Oh yeah, emergency brakes must have been inop as well. Hate to be monday morning quarterbacking, but doesn't seem alot of fractionals have been landing longer then the runway allows.

jppt2000

Total Time
Hawkerjock - NTSB's Miss Cleo

hawkerjock said:
Oh yeah, emergency brakes must have been inop as well. Hate to be monday morning quarterbacking, but doesn't seem alot of fractionals have been landing longer then the runway allows.

Very easy thing to say when you hide your name from everyone.
Gee the NTSB should hire you as their "Miss Cleo" of accident investigators.
Funny, you know only anecdotal information but are "sure" enough to pass judgement.
Your reply shows you've got something against fractionals.

tdvalve

Total Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by hawkerjock
Oh yeah, emergency brakes must have been inop as well. Hate to be monday morning quarterbacking, but doesn't seem alot of fractionals have been landing longer then the runway allows. "
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to see you recognize a brake failure and then successfully stop using air brakes after landing on a Part 91 minimum-length runway. Blown tires don't offer much braking action.

9guy

Total Time
NetJets pilots

I've spoke at length with both the Captain and First Officer involved in this event. Yes, the FO is now in upgrade training. He was on his last tour before his scheduled upgrade when this happened. The Captain had been in the Ultra for two years. He is currently flying as an FO for a couple of months.

Both pilots had great things to say about the way NetJets handled their employment. Both are still employed, and received full salary for six weeks after the event while it was being investigated.

From what I've been told, as usual, it looks like a lot of small errors/miscalculations/mechanical problems contributed to cause this event. Mechanical failure of the right antiskid resulting in a locked brake was probably the largest contributing cause.

It should also be remembered that these two guys rescued their three passengers from a burning aircraft. One of the passengers, a man in his 80's, was unconscious when they pulled him out. Pretty heroic, I'd say.

jetwash

Total Time
23 yrs
Where than any changes in your training since the accident at NetJets?