• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bizjet737

just got a memo from ops/pilot recruitment. here are the highlights:
- UP TO 200 will be hired in 2003
- pool is currently at 600, interviewing in 2003 will only be from that pool
- resumes held for 90 days only
- best way to send resume is via email [email protected]
- no applications are being downloaded from the web for the forseeable future.
- no apps are being mailed out.
- recruitment hotline 614 239 2445 will have updates occasionally.

it also asked that current pilots not "walk in" resumes - mail them.
also, that we not call to check on status, nor are we to give out names/numbers of recruitment employees. apparently security is having a problem with some out of work pilots causing problems for some of the recruitment personnel (the gestapo is actually quite bad here).

as of 12/09/02 current pilot force is 1825.

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info! I am one of the 600 in the "pool". Glad to be there and will stick it out! Hope your hollidays go well!

Newbee

How does a person know if their in the pool? I received a letter 8 months ago saying they wanted to interview me and if not called in 6 months they would send an update form. Here it is 8 months later and no phone call, no update form, no nothing. They don't want you to call them. I'm starting to give up hope now.

I would email the pilot hiring dept requesting an update form. They'll send you one, especially if you got that letter. The "squeaky wheel" theory holds true at NetJets.

Good luck.

NetJets

Dont give up hope....took me 13 months from time they received my app til time I got an interview. Just when you least expect it, they will call you. Keep sending the updates in to let them know you are still interested.

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Hawkerpilot...tell me about these updates. Are these update forms that they send you or are you just sending in like updated resumes and such?

NetJets

I first got a letter stating that I was in a pool to be interviewed and "dont contact us, we will contact you". This was about 2-3 months after app was sent in. Then about 3 months after that I received the update form to fill out and send in if I was still interested. I filled it out right away and returned and was called for interview about 6 months after that. Received phone call day after returning from interview with offer for class date.

Thanks bud....I guess a guy just gets discouraged after not hearing anything for so long. I'll try to keep the chin up. Thanks again.
Pete

netjets new planes

Well, heres some more good news...... the company (NJA) has suspended takeing delivery of any new planes for 90 days.....

I imagine that will slow the hireing down somewhat......... :(

"Thank you for your interest in NETJETS"

".... we have elected not to offer you an interview appointment at this time"

I feel better after reading this thread. Received my letter today --- very competitive jet hours, little in last two years, however.

Good Luck!

Latest resources

Back