• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets 2000EX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why keep the thing in the air that long?

How about highspeed cruise to bgr then highspeed to cmh.

What is the big deal about going non stop. Especially when an ultra is passing you.

Diesel said:
Why keep the thing in the air that long?

How about highspeed cruise to bgr then highspeed to cmh.

What is the big deal about going non stop. Especially when an ultra is passing you.
To say that they did it? It's a psychological thing, going non-stop to the pax is faster than making a stop...even if it isn't true.

Flying Illini said:
To say that they did it? It's a psychological thing, going non-stop to the pax is faster than making a stop...even if it isn't true.

I didn't even know an Ultra could go M77. ahahha

If they would have bumped it up to 82 they probably would have saved 15 minutes in the air. The increased fuel burn would have required a stop, probably an hour in Gander or BGR. So they would have burned more fuel, increased the total travel time and put additional cycles on the aircraft. You guys should be happy. It's efficient and not wasting company money, unless of course you count a 9.3 hour ferry as a waste of money. The flights were "test" flights though. I can't think of the proper terminology right now. Proving flights maybe??

If was the crews choice to go non-stop, I haven't met a pilot with-out an ego that needs stroking. hahaha

Fracster said:
They have been at NJA for all these years for a reason...something in their background wouldnt let them get another job.

Sad, but true. Often it's something the company that put in their file and often it's a bunch of BS. I know... A bizzare way to get loyalty. Like the scabs we have here who would probably support ASAP if they weren't already blacklisted. They have no where else to go!

Latest resources

Back