NetJets 2000EX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ultrarunner

This is interesting...especially when you do the math...

".....On Sunday July 24th 2005 the Falcon 2000EX flew its 1st passenger leg....The Bangor-Venice trip was 7 hours and 19 minutes and the aircraft landed with over 3,500lbs of fuel on board (nearly 2 hours of fuel remaining).

...Yesterday the Falcon 2000EX flew from Le Bourget Cedex-Paris to Columbus, OH, non-stop with a flight time of 9 hours and 16 minutes....

Hmmmm....how slow did they have to go to keep that beast in the air for 9.3 hours...

...prly not an accident they didn't post the block-in fuel in that second statement...

It had to be thin!

Would some 2000EX experts chime in. I'm reluctant to tell my boss stuff like that, since he'll expect it. We are considering this airplane. Could you have done Legourget - CMH faster going at a higher mach and making a stop?

The vast majority of our "A Team" or "Go-To Team" or "I'll Do Anything" guys are in the Falcon. Who needs rules when your an "A Teamer?"

ultrarunner said:
This is interesting...especially when you do the math...

".....On Sunday July 24th 2005 the Falcon 2000EX flew its 1st passenger leg....The Bangor-Venice trip was 7 hours and 19 minutes and the aircraft landed with over 3,500lbs of fuel on board (nearly 2 hours of fuel remaining).

...Yesterday the Falcon 2000EX flew from Le Bourget Cedex-Paris to Columbus, OH, non-stop with a flight time of 9 hours and 16 minutes....

Hmmmm....how slow did they have to go to keep that beast in the air for 9.3 hours...

...prly not an accident they didn't post the block-in fuel in that second statement...

It had to be thin!

Would some 2000EX experts chime in. I'm reluctant to tell my boss stuff like that, since he'll expect it. We are considering this airplane. Could you have done Legourget - CMH faster going at a higher mach and making a stop?

M77, landing with 1600lbs, perfectly legal

Did they have to repo to LA after that? They did have about 5 hours of duty time left! (Something Options would do)

Definately dont go on what those NJA EX guys did. Those guys are the top of the seniority list and every bit the "A" teamers at NetJets. If the company asks, they'll do it. If its ????? they'll still do it. They have been at NJA for all these years for a reason...something in their background wouldnt let them get another job.

Jeppesen said:
M77, landing with 1600lbs, perfectly legal

Well, maybe...

I tried running the flight plan at M77, M74 and LRC this afternoon and could not arrive with any fuel (figured zero reserve). Book values show the trip at M77 (no wind) arriving with 1836#. Fuel to 100NM alternate was 1483. Not leaving much room for error. I didn't even look if there was a wet footprint.

A crew did Maui-Nassau not long ago in a litte over 9 hours and had ~1200 remaining. That was with a significant tailwind and flying at M74.

While they may have been "legal" they may also have been "foolish."

2000flyer said:
Book values show the trip at M77 (no wind) arriving with 1836#. Fuel to 100NM alternate was 1483. Not leaving much room for error.

I'm not defending the crew that flew the trip....nor do I have ANY experience with the 2000.....but do they really need an alternate if the weather is good for landing at CMH, with multiple airports within 20NM that they could put a 2000 down at? I would hope that, if they were landing that light, they checked the weather along the way over the Northeast, and planned a landing short of CMH if weather and/or airport conditions dictated.

Latest resources

Back