NetJets 2000EX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FracCapt said:
I'm not defending the crew that flew the trip....nor do I have ANY experience with the 2000.....but do they really need an alternate if the weather is good for landing at CMH, with multiple airports within 20NM that they could put a 2000 down at? I would hope that, if they were landing that light, they checked the weather along the way over the Northeast, and planned a landing short of CMH if weather and/or airport conditions dictated.

Under Part 91, you are correct. Only need VFR and 30 minutes fuel to land. I don't know what NJA's ops say however. I used the 100NM divert as that was a readily available number in the manual.

2000flyer said:
Under Part 91, you are correct. Only need VFR and 30 minutes fuel to land. I don't know what NJA's ops say however. I used the 100NM divert as that was a readily available number in the manual.

Flight operated under IFR. Right?

Jeppesen said:
The flights were "test" flights though. I can't think of the proper terminology right now. Proving flights maybe??

Proving runs...They are proving the aircraft can do what the manufacturer says it can do.

Latest resources

Back