NetJet ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

payton

I got an application the other day. Was wondering if this means you will get an interview.

I havent sent them a resume in about a year. Not sure what their sudden interest is.

thanks for the info.

Don't fill it out. Do yourself a favor. This is not the place to be!!!!

Straight from the horses mouth. NJA will never pay top dollar salaries. 100K will never happen!

Gunfyter, check your pm.

The MEC chair said the company will never give us a 100% raise because the company claims their employee costs will jump 300%. Now thats some happy horsesh!t.

This company is a friggin joke.

We have no benefits, no incentives, no stock options, nothing! yet we are not supposed to expect a wage that is industry standard or above because the company does not want to raise its labor costs.

For those who dont know a captain at NJA starts at $37,500! A 100% raise puts us just over $74,000. Still way below industry standard.

Lrjet55 said:
Don't fill it out. Do yourself a favor. This is not the place to be!!!!

Straight from the horses mouth. NJA will never pay top dollar salaries. 100K will never happen!

Gunfyter, check your pm.

The MEC chair said the company will never give us a 100% raise because the company claims their employee costs will jump 300%. Now thats some happy horsesh!t.

This company is a friggin joke.

We have no benefits, no incentives, no stock options, nothing! yet we are not supposed to expect a wage that is industry standard or above because the company does not want to raise its labor costs.

For those who dont know a captain at NJA starts at $37,500! A 100% raise puts us just over $74,000. Still way below industry standard.
Aren't you the guy who just a few weeks ago was telling everyone on another thread they would be eating crow when they said you were crazy thinking you'd be getting a 100% raise??? You said it was basically a done deal and NJA would be a top paying employer?

I may have said that and now I am admiting I am a fool. I am a complete idiot for taking an MEC member at their word, on May 28th, that 125K would be the minimum they would settle for and for thinking the NJA would actually value its pilots and make them well paid.

I am also a moron for having a private conversation with Gary Hoffman and believing him when he said that NJA wants us to be the highest paid pilots in the industry and that they(NJA) want this job to be one you can retire from.

I am wrong and I admit it.

Lrjet55 said:
I may have said that and now I am admiting I am a fool. I am a complete idiot for taking an MEC member at their word, on May 28th, that 125K would be the minimum they would settle for and for thinking the NJA would actually value its pilots and make them well paid.
I guess my thought when I read those comments back then were "Why should the company give 100% raises when these guys have been working for such low pay for so long?" Basically, if they offered 30% more than you are making now, who's gonna turn it down? No one... you guys are making 30% less now, so a little bit of something would be better then a whole lotta nothing... From a business standpoint, if the guys are working for X now, they don't need 2X to continue... And since average raises are 3-4%, 30% would be like a jackpot hit.... from a company standpoint.

This is from an outsider looking in... 100% raises just didn't seem like a realistic or logical expectation at all... I just didn't see any real reason (from a company standpoint) for the company to raise the pay that much...

Lrjet55 said:
I am wrong and I admit it.
Most people on here couldn't say this... Kudos to you for admitting when you errored...

I wish the best of luck with your raises and contract... But just the sheer fact that it was been over 2 years in negotiations tells you that the company wasn't going to be easy on you...

to a pilot -- that 100% you talked about sounds plain a$$ right. - and deserved. (at least I think so)

to your company, they are laughing thier arses off!

WHY in the world would they pay you 100% more if they have 5000+ resumes on file from other idiots willing to do it for 37k/yr?

because they LIKE you?
because you do something special?
because Netjets makes SO much money?
because they are afraid of a strike?
because they think you wont fly as safe?
You think they VALUE you?

C'mon man....

YOU ALL took that job for peanuts, so will any guy behind you. Step aside if you cant live with that right?

As its been said...3-5% is normal raises, many companies capped at 6-7% (plus bonuses etc..)....

and you say you may get 30%!!! man, thats nothing to be ashamed of!

Now...PLEASE dont say..."well, I make 100% less than average to begin with!!".....again.....

get what you can going in the door - or forever hold your peace.

Lrjet55 said:

......so I have to ask.....who is holding a gun to your head making you stay here? I get the impression you're the type of whinner who wouldn't be happy with any contract. Just quit........if you're this miserable here I can only imagine what you're like in the cockpit. This job certainly isn't for everyone and you prove that point. I like the job......sure I have my moments but don't we all. I would encourage anyone to try it here after they educate themselves concerning the working conditions. If they feel they can't hack it..... that's fine.

I like the job. Always have, always will. A weak MEC and people like you make it lousy from time to time. I listened to the wrong people(MEC) and believed everything they said. That was my mistake. It was my intention to come here as a final stop but oh well so when the right opportunity comes along I will leave. As for caling me a whinner, if you feel the need to call people names then go ahead. Im calling a spade a spade. I have not been spreading any half truths about NJA. The fact you seem so ofended makes me think you voted in the last contract and will vote in another stellar one this time around.

Latest resources

Back