Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjet guys - Do you like 7on7 with Family?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
psysicx said:
Do you ever work on day 1 and 7 or is it just flying home?

Unfortunately, there isn't one answer for that question. It truly depends. If you are CMH based, it's likely that you'll work a lot on your first and last days, perhaps not even airlining at the front or back end of a tour. Some of my friends in the western half of the country say that quite often, their first and last days are, for the most part, airlining. That said, it's possible that the company gets lucky and gets a plane to your gateway on Day 1 or finds a few flights to work you on your last day before getting you home.

On my last tour, I worked the entire first day (no airlining) and my last day was nothing but airlining.

Hawk Driver said:
...depending on how many MORE apps they get since the T/A.

HD

I'm curious to know, too, if there's a big rush to get NetJets before the vote count in November, especially in light of the HBA program in the TA.

Hawk Driver said:
Did you already do the online brain test? Do you have an internal LOR?

If you have an LOR, it shouldn't take long. If you don't and meet all qualifications, it shouldn't take that long either, but a little longer than someone that has an LOR depending on how many MORE apps they get since the T/A.

HD
no lor, current crj capt at skywest though. where do you take the brain test? My app should be their today and I hope they don't take their time!

CheckandSet said:
no lor, current crj capt at skywest though. where do you take the brain test? My app should be their today and I hope they don't take their time!

The test is conducted online, it must come after you submit your app and meet the qualifications. I don't believe you can fail the test, just tyring to see what type of person you are.

HD

Written test is on line.

Background checks start when they offer you the job (and of course, you accept)

Ive seen guys in indoc and during aircraft training wearing funny ID badges until the background is complete. You get limited access to NJA facilities. You wont be able to get into the company Bar/brothel.

Still researching the training contract for new hires. I've been told is gone.

Equipment locks go like this...

The equip locks will be waived if you are moving up in pay. Example, FO to Captain, or FO to FO on a larger plane that has higher FO pay.

If you are a Ultra captain and wish to bid 400XP captain, your equip lock remains.

Hope this helps.

For what its worth, getting hired prior to ratification may not be the best thing. This TA is not a guaranteed deal.
You could get screwed.

Hawk Driver said:
Did they do away with the seat lock/training contract? Someone else told me it was still in place...

HD

No training contract but their is a seat lock for two years that prevents you from going FO ultra to FO 400xp. It cant prevent you if the other FO seat pays more, only happens in BBJ. But their is not seat lock to prevent you biding capt in any airplane at any time.

psysicx said:
How long would it take to go from an Ultra FO to a G200 or Falcon FO?
Could do it really quick.... However you don't want to make that move, at least not a NJA. You will be seat locked as a FO for two years and you could miss out on a good bid you really want. I haven't read the TA language about FO to capt and seat locks so I could be wrong. My advice stay in the Ultra, upgrade in type, learn how NJA works. Then go to another jet...

On thing to consider is that once you're out on your trip your senority means nothing. You could be the most senior dude at the fractional and have the worst trips/longest duty days/and worst layovers for the week. I spent 2.5 years at the fractionals and really couldn't get past the fact that I would never be able to control my own destiny. It's the nature of the beast, but something to consider.

Good luck

Hair-on-Fire said:
On thing to consider is that once you're out on your trip your senority means nothing. You could be the most senior dude at the fractional and have the worst trips/longest duty days/and worst layovers for the week. I spent 2.5 years at the fractionals and really couldn't get past the fact that I would never be able to control my own destiny. It's the nature of the beast, but something to consider.

Good luck

One thing that makes all that tolerable is having 3 weeks off in a row every quarter. 7&7 schedule, 1 vacation=21 days off. After 10 years, work two months normal 7&7, get most of the next off....so seniority has it's privelages.
This also makes the 7&7 schedule the only one for me.

Latest resources

Back