Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjet guys - Do you like 7on7 with Family?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CheckandSet

I'm thinking about coming so I don't have to commute anymore! Is 7on7 off a good deal, or are airline sched better?

Commuting Sucks!

7 days is a long tour, no doubt. But, 7 off kicks ass!
plus, its easy to plan your life and remember, after your first year at NJA, you get 2 weeks off. So, alittle math,

7&7 = 182 days/yr.
-14 days vacation

= 168 days of work
take 3 sick days

YOU'LL BE OFF 200 DAYS/YEAR!

Regionals commute on your time
NJA commute on company time

Some other things to consider,

Your paid full salary from day one + hotel + Per Diem @ 1.70/hr, 24hrs a day till you go home.

All new FO's may request a 600 dollar pay advance. to be repaid when you quit.

You will be on the reserve schedule for 2 to 3 months while in training and IOE and thus paid at the higher reserve pay, 3850/mo.

Uniforms paid, %100.

No training contract.

NJA isn't the perfect place to work, but its about to get a whole lot better IMO.

I'm posting some of the good things because I'm sure there will be plenty of posts by those that don't like the TA.

You decide.

CheckandSet said:
I'm thinking about coming so I don't have to commute anymore! Is 7on7 off a good deal, or are airline sched better?

Commuting Sucks!

Yes, commuting sucks. Did it for 3-1/2 years at a commuter and it really stinks. At NJA, you commute on company time (excepting, of course, your drive to/from your gateway) and you get to keep those airline miles for yourself. Over time, they can add up.

As for the 7-n-7, I don't know. I've been at NJA for almost exactly a year and I still can't hold a 7-n-7 line as an FO. But I'm hoping that if/when the new TA is ratified, I'll get a chance to find out. :) I'm looking forward to a 7-n-7 schedule as long as I don't have a weekend start day. I've not flown with anyone here who didn't like the 7-n-7 and in fact, it seems to be the schedule that the vast majority want to have.

Last edited:
7 days is long yes, but it is more like a 5 day trip at the airlines. I say this because on days 1 and 7 you will be home at the start and end of those days respectively. A 5 day trip at the airlines really turns into 7 because you commute. And the commute is stressful because it is space-available. NJA buys us a ticket, and overall the travel experience is better.
I'll never go back to the airlines. My only gripe at NJA has been the pay, and it looks like that will no longer be a problem.

I have been on the 7 and 7 for several years and I really like it. Like they said, it's a long time away from the family but to be home for 7 days is awsome.
I use to commute with the airlines on my days off and this is so much nicer. I will never go back to the airlines.

thanks guys, sounds like a better deal! I'm a reserve cap a skywest which is not a bad place to be, but when you commute reserve and pay for crashpads it gets to you fast. thanks

one more question! I sent my app in yesterday, do they call pretty quick for an interview or do they do all background checks first with all the other crap I sent in?

CheckandSet said:
one more question! I sent my app in yesterday, do they call pretty quick for an interview or do they do all background checks first with all the other crap I sent in?

Did you already do the online brain test? Do you have an internal LOR?

If you have an LOR, it shouldn't take long. If you don't and meet all qualifications, it shouldn't take that long either, but a little longer than someone that has an LOR depending on how many MORE apps they get since the T/A.

HD

Latest resources

Back