• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BizAvFA

First post to this board:
Recently downsized from full-time to Part-time, because of what else...$$$

I have always wondered what the world of the fractionals is like, but never asked.
How hard is it for flight attendant to get hired right now?
I dont know much about the standards there, but can only imagine the volume of applicants they must get.
How are the chances?

What do you think-
These are some facts about me:

As for experience:
I have 5 years experience corporate- heavy duty international due to the ethnicity of my principle (not-European!).

As for knowing someone:
I know a EJI pilot personally but I would feel strange about asking him about this-

As for where I live:
I live in a major metro area (NorthEast) and within a 90 mile radius to two of the "Gateway" airports mentioned

As for education:
I have a 4 year college degree

So my big question would be what that X-Factor is in regards to get a look from EJI.
I would look at EJI before EJA (I know-beggars cant be choosers) but I just like the Gulfstream better.

EJA & EJI FA jobs sound like a good deal - you have a set schedule - 7-on-7-off and you fly on new equipment - Falcon 2000s and BBJs (big equipment) for EJA and Gulfstream IVs and Vs for EJI. My understanding is that the bigger jets fly worldwide and they are very well maintained. Also, the people who own the fractions for the larger jets have serious cash and are really the "cream" of society - a lot of well known biz people, movie stars, sports figures and politicians. It would be interested work for both the pilots and FAs.

I am not sure about hiring, but you should DEFINITELY ask the EJI pilot for a reference - networking is everything - just ASK!!!! I would if I knew an EJI pilot!!!!! If they are not hiring now, wait a few months - it would be worth it I believe.

Just my 2 cents...

Good luck and GO FOR IT!

Heavy Set said:
you should DEFINITELY ask the EJI pilot for a reference - networking is everything - just ASK!!!!

Good luck and GO FOR IT!

If there's one thing that I have learned about the aviation industry is that it is one big family. Get to know the family members and treat them right and they will return the same.

How set are you on staying in the northeast? I know there's a lot of corp jets at Teterboro (a lot of fractionals seem to come from there too) but there are also some in Atlanta, Houston-Dallas, Florida peninsula, almost anywhere in California, Seattle.

I live in S.C. and can ask around if you want me to.

bizjet737 said:
i doubt netjets is hiring f/a's as several were just furloughed from the bbj back to the falcon.

The correct word is "displaced" back to the falcon, not "furloughed". Same mistake you made on the union website. Choose your words wisely. No one is being furloughed at NetJets.

Of course, one would have to have been a moron to come to work at EJA in the first place if he was so concerned about the pay, or maybe, you thought they would pay you MORE!

PoorPay Netjets said:
Good luck.

Netjet F/A's make more than Nejet Pilots...except for the "less than one percent" BBJ pilots.

Poor, everyone here gets it, your poor, underpaid and dislike NJA. Get over it. I think I speak for many that in your short tenure on this board we've heard enough about your situation.

2000Flyer

BizAvFa

Originally posted by BizAvFA

In all honesty, do the NJA pilots actually think they have a say in whether kids can fly or not? Who actually thinks that idea will float? What a way to kill business.

NO! What gave you that foolish idea?

Let me offer you this advise, be careful what you say about NJA pilots, it's not a very good way to find a job. You make it sound as though they are all pompus. Maybe you should do more research on the company that you are interested in applying for.

Show those colours!

Ok I will...

But I was just answering a query from another post and thread all together, whose exsistance was brought into effect by none other than a EJA pilot...

What made you feel the need to take a post of mine from another thread and cut and paste it here?.............

By the hardware shown on your profile you are not using this as an excuse to "posture" in front of fellow pilots, Fractional or not, are you?

Latest resources

Back