Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dewey Wins!

Gunfyter,

Your wishful thinking is not yet historical fact. The ballots still have to be counted.

Groucho,

If you don't come over now, you may as well forget it! Once you've been given the offer and you refuse...it's pretty much the silver bullet.

The Hawke

Well the fact is I haven't refused, I am awaiting the results of other interviews and I stated this fact to Linda and she agreed that I could wait.. For how long who knows, obviously some answer is expected sometime soon.

Groucho, I believe that you're making a good decision. Had the current situation existed in Jan '03 when my husband had his interview, he would have postponed giving his answer, as well. By the end of the month--assuming there is no fraud-- you will be able to gauge the will of the pilotforce. That, I would think, will be a big help in the decision making process. Thanks for your support and reasoned perspective. Good Luck! NJW

Everyday you put off could cost you tens of thousands of dollars!

That must be sarcasm Hawkered, for it can't possibly be true that this gentleman isn't safe in postponing his decision until after the TA vote announcement. 10s of thousands?? Do explain that one, please. My husband made a whopping 28K last year and the FO pay, as proposed in the FIRST offer, is only $33,500 a year!

Why would someone w/Groucho's skills want to come to NJA if the TA were to pass (with no evidence of fraud)? The company knows pilots gather information from many sources; I doubt they have any expectation of hearing from anyone with the vote this close.

If ever there was a time and place to look before you leap, it is NOW, at NetJets. The current contract obligates pilots to a TWO YEAR contract for training. To make a rash decision without all the facts (TA vote is critical info) when he could easily wait ONE WEEK, is ludicrous.

In the end, is not a good deal of this about upgrade times. Citation shares is probably growing the most of any fractional share program except the Avanti one. Of course, you are also talking much smaller fleet size so the percentages would be misleading.

In a strange sort of way, this situation is parallel to what happened at American Eagle. They ended up with a less than great contract, but, the bigger problem was that upgrades went to non-existant while the other regionals were growing and upgrading.

Even if you are hired as a Street Captain... collecting PIC pay from day one ...

CS =$200K total after 3 yrs.

Compared to $125K total after 3 yrs.

You are $75K better off at CS. But the fact is it probably will take more than 3 yrs to upgrade now so you are looking at the $100K difference.

"What's In your Wallet?" -- Capitol One

Last edited:
Gunfyter...I'm actually glad that you were right on this one. I got duped!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back