• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJet base question?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can switch domiciles on a monthly basis if you want. You can do Denver in the Winter for skiing and San Diego in the Summer if you like. I think you need to give 30 days notice of a domicile switch - that's what I have heard...

Bottom line: you would get Denver if you requested it.

I know this is unlikely, but what if the majority of the pilots wanted the same base? How does the company assure that you will get the base you want? Just to make sure I understand, even as a new hire, if I want to be based in the Denver area, I will 100% get it?

Thanks

The company would LOVE it if we all flew out of CMH, and we used to operate that way. The bottom line is that we have gotten too big for that to be feasible.

Currently if there are to be any base changes, it is going to have to be done in bargaining. They are in the contract. We do have the option to open more bases (10 I think?). In all honesty, I haven't read that part of the contract for a while and I don't remember the criteria.

Yeah! SkyBus would have stayed in business!

I'm based in CMH and never once got put on Skybus. I was curious how much Skybus was used by NetJets. I only ever heard of one guy getting airlined on Skybus and that was for recurrent.

I'm based in CMH and never once got put on Skybus. I was curious how much Skybus was used by NetJets. I only ever heard of one guy getting airlined on Skybus and that was for recurrent.

I kid. I kid.

SkyBus staying alive was about as realistic as all 2,863 of us being based in CMH. ;)

If you are worried about furlough in the near future I suggest starting the application process now. There are thousands of applications on file and even with a good letter of recommendation it will take a minimum of 3 months- most likely 6 or more to get the job if you get and pass the interview. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back