Netbook laptops

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
<<<< Mike...what years were you in the V-force? >>>>

Very late on! 1981 - 1986 if my jaded memory is correct. The Vulcan (XH558) that has been restored to flying condition? Yep, flew in that one when she was a K2 tanker version. :blush:

Beautiful pictures:

www.airplane-pictures.net/image18792.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01289/Vulcan1_1289708c.jpg

Something for me to look back on - my first operational type had a black/white cockpit with clockwork instrumentation; now I have to cope with all the gee-whiz goodies on the F2000 EASy!!

So what software do you guys recommend for copying movies I already own onto my hard drive?

I use DVDfab to burn them to AVI files and then just transfer them over from my desktop on a usb key drive. I have heard of lots of people just buying a usb dvd drive and using it instead, that would skip a step.

As a side note once you figure out how to use virtual drives you don't need the actual CD's for anything, just make an ISO file and you are good to go. I've been using Rosetta Stone this way for several months now, also works well for games.

Last edited:
The size and weight of this would be a lot easier to take on the road, anybody using it http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9183377&type=product&id=1218049006317

I have the Aspire One netbook...it's pretty sweet I bought the one with the 1.6 GH processor, 1 GB ram, 150GB hard drive, and 3-cell battery. Battery life is about 1.5 hours. I use it for MS office, Internet, and some web publishing...works pretty good! For the price and size I love it. I loaded all my software from a USB drive (transferred it from a cd to the USB drive on another computer). I read some complaints about the keyboard, it took me about a week to get used to the size and where to move my fingers but it's all good now. The only downside I see is if you're staring at it for a long time your eyes moght go crazy...

Hope this helps

The Samsung is now $399 at Costco. BTW, it takes 5 minutes and about $20 to upgrade from 1 to 2GB ram. If memory serves one of the complaints about the Acer was you had to take it apart to add memory.

Well, I have been working with my ASUS Eee PC1000HE for about 3 weeks now, including a couple of work periods. In short, to quote from another thread, awesome!!

The battery is phenomonal - I've had 8+ hrs with no big changes to the power parameters, & very easy to use the fast keys to isolate the wi-fi, etc. The screen is superb, for quality playback of TV programmes/DVDs.

Huge 160GB HDD (plus a free 10Gb on-line option), the 2Mb RAM up-grade took less than 2 mins to install (don't forget to hit the F2 key on first boot-up to reset the BIOS), the built-in webcam has been excellent for Skype, & the keyboard is a delight to use. It boots up in less than 2 mins (including the extra applications that I have loaded)

All my work colleagues that have seen it have been super-impressed. I'd forgotten how user-friendly WinXP could be (compared to Vista :( ), but a little tip to change the size of the desktop icons:

(You will be able to make the desktop icon's as big or as small as you like, not just default large/small)

Go to Start

Control Panel

Double click on the Display Icon

Go to the Appearance Tab

Click on the Advanced Button

In the Item Drop Down Selection choose Icon

Now choose the size. (From 16 to 72)

Click Apply

OK

(Just a hard to find area).
With the 2MB RAM upgrade, it was about $400. Worth every cent & more.

Latest resources

Back