Net Jets QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To Dime Lime:

Since you claim your "Current Position" is "Chump" I will consider your opinions accordingly.

Excuse me but G-damitt why don't you guys who do nothing but biatchh about NJ just drop your nutts and go somewhere else?

Say what you want about my comments regarding my friends' experiences with your company, but I certainly hold their opinions/comments in much higher regard than the few of you whining ladies who linger on these boards.

realityman said:
After JB and SWA, I'd like to hear about any other companies (aviation) that treat you as well as NJA does.

I occaisionally like to check in over here to see what has been going on at NetJets. I had an interview scheduled at EJA when I started at Airtran just after 9/11, so I was following the company with interest before then and still do now.

You said you'd like an airline comparison- I can only speak for my experience at Airtran, but I can tell you that AirTran treats us pretty well . . . . . I was getting 14 days off per month the first year, 15-17 off with most weekends off during the second year, and the third year, well, I almost felt guilty taking their money, I was there so little. . . . . I was able to upgrade to 737NG Capt right at the three-year mark. It looks like the upgrade time will decrease a little this year, maybe as low as 2.5 years to make Capt, so there is good movement.

As for scheduling, the Company can schedule us for a maximum 12 hour duty day, but most days are more like 7-10 hours duty, and we average about 5.5 hours of flying per day, but could be scheduled for a max of 8. . . . anything more than 6 is pretty rare. The beauty of it is that you already knew what this day consisted of a couple of weeks ago when you bid for it, so a lazy guy can bid low-time lines, and a go-getter can go get.

If they cancel a flight, or if you have more than 5 hours waiting time for any reason, they have to put you up in a hotel . . . . not just keep you waiting around the airport.

Downside is going in and out of the same 40-something airports over and over, getting "contract" hotel rooms, and having to deal with the gate, scheduling, dispatch, Operations, flight attendents, etc. . . etc . . . etc. . . . Amazingly enough, a pax from south Boston riding on an $89. ticket will bitch more than a CEO on a $35,000. charter, believe it or not.

Good luck on your contract. We are ramping up for negotiations, too.

Last edited:
Ty Webb said:
I occaisionally like to check in over here to see what has been going on at NetJets. I had an interview scheduled at EJA when I started at Airtran just after 9/11, so I was following the company with interest before then and still do now.

You said you'd like an airline comparison- I can only speak for my experience at Airtran, but I can tell you that AirTran treats us pretty well . . . . . I was getting 14 days off per month the first year, 15-17 off with most weekends off during the second year, and the third year, well, I almost felt guilty taking their money, I was there so little. . . . . I was able to upgrade to 737NG Capt right at the three-year mark. It looks like the upgrade time will decrease a little this year, maybe as low as 2.5 years to make Capt, so there is good movement.

As for scheduling, the Company can schedule us for a maximum 12 hour duty day, but most days are more like 7-10 hours duty, and we average about 5.5 hours of flying per day, but could be scheduled for a max of 8. . . . anything more than 6 is pretty rare. The beauty of it is that you already knew what this day consisted of a couple of weeks ago when you bid for it, so a lazy guy can bid low-time lines, and a go-getter can go get.

If they cancel a flight, or if you have more than 5 hours waiting time for any reason, they have to put you up in a hotel . . . . not just keep you waiting around the airport.

Downside is going in and out of the same 40-something airports over and over, getting "contract" hotel rooms, and having to deal with the gate, scheduling, dispatch, Operations, flight attendents, etc. . . etc . . . etc. . . . Amazingly enough, a pax from south Boston riding on an $89. ticket will bitch more than a CEO on a $35,000. charter, believe it or not.

Good luck on your contract. We are ramping up for negotiations, too.

I'm sold! Sign me up... How's the 737NG treating you? Do you miss the 717 yet?

I liked the 717 just fine, but the 737 is a more well-mannered airplane. I am sure I would like a Gulfstream, or a Falcon, or the Citation X too.

This time of year I miss those ski trips, island trips, etc. Even miss the ol' Teterboro on occaision, or at least the catering from Rudy's . . . . remember, if you want the shrimp cocktail, ya have to ask for the "deluxe" executive lunch.

Last edited:
1-tacan-rule, I am retired military and you sound like a "tool." You will see the ugly truth soon enough. Welcome aboard and good luck getting a job elsewhere once you see how it really is here.

to TJC

"1-tacan-rule, I am retired military and you sound like a "tool." You will see the ugly truth soon enough. Welcome aboard and good luck getting a job elsewhere once you see how it really is here."

Ouch.... Thankyou sir, may I have another.

Don't you want to end your comment with: "nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, hah"

Child.

This is all too funny to read. Hilarious. What the heck. Here's my chime in. Life here at NJA is what you can make of it after what you get out of the benefits of your seniority. If you're junior, it can really bite. If you're senior, a bit better pay, schedule and vacation can make it work out. Not to mention that hopefully you'll learn how to say "no" by then. Keep in mind all of my comments are pre-new CBA and pre 91K/135.

QOL = seniority + aircraft + ability to say "No."

Latest resources

Back