Net Jets Owners Flying?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

400A

We are a charter operator that flys supplimental lift for a Net Jets owner. He told me that they now have a program that if an owner types himself, he can fly the Net Jets planes with a "Instructor Pilot". Is that true? anyone had this duty yet?

This is true, I have done duty with one in the X multiple times. He use to do the same thing in a Lear 60 at Flex. Great guy, good stick, multiple Airbus and Boeing types, does FSI every 6 months, and an instructor flys with him at all times. NJA does this on a case by case and experiece basis I believe.

Thanks for the replies, By the way, that was not a derogatory remark, I had just never heard of it in the fractionals. I have done it many times with lease back owners. Some good, some very bad.

What do you do with the scheduled SIC?

Pilots

An owner has the legal right to use any pilot he wants, so long as he is typed and meeting other NJA criteria. It all falls into to the realm of being an "owner" of the aircraft as oppossed to a charter operation. In the event that we do not have our own pilots, NetJets has a list of those qualified to fly the planes (the regular pilots).

Fly safe.

Dumb question number umpteen:

Does using your own pilot result in a reduction of your hourly rate?

mzaharis said:
Dumb question number umpteen:

Does using your own pilot result in a reduction of your hourly rate?

The situation I've heard of with an owner-pilot is that they fly right seat with a qualified training captain in the left seat. The NJ-employed SIC sits in the back. After arriving at the destination, the owner-pilot leaves and the NJ-employed PIC and SIC crew fly the plane out.

It would be hard to imagine a situation where NJ would let an owner-supplied crew (i.e. 2 pilots) take a plane and keep it, if even for a little while. It would likely disrupt other flight requirements. With that said, I've not heard of any reduction for an owner supplying a full crew or even for a single owner-pilot.

Do you make the owner-pilot join the Teamsters and pay union dues? Why not? Is that only required if he's flying a Gulfstream?

Latest resources

Back