Net Jets Owners Flying?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i had the long post. this is the short version

Had a great time with an owner pilot. Way more experienced than most and knew everything he could get his hands on.

They are not required to pay dues because it's in our contract that they are allowed to fly.

I allways make the FO take an airline to our destination.

gunfyter said:
Unless I screwed it up.... The owner pilot sits in the LEFT seat. He is PIC.

Was that a unique situation? In Indoc, we were told that the owner-pilot flies in the right seat and per FOM 5.2, the owner may act as a crewmember only when paired with a check airman, instructor pilot or IOE instructor.

Or are you talking about a situation other than "owners as crewmembers"?

Just curious.

750 driver,

I have never had nor heard of anyone doing that at Flex. Owners are not allowed to fly the planes. Unless they are in the sim with an instructor pilot. Flex does that with our owners, but not in the actual plane. Not to my knowledge anyway.

It was a while ago but I did get the chance to be an SIC with an owner flying. He flew from the left seat which the instructor told me is the norm, and the instructor flew right seat for him. Great guy, good stick. I rode in the back to the destination then we flew the plane back out. I think the owner is still in the program and still flying as far as I know.

I don't get it. I'm hearing all these tantrums about non-union pilots flying Gulfstreams. So why would you allow someone to fly an NJA aircraft if they're not on your seniority list? It sounds like a double standard to me.

vixin said:
750 driver,

I have never had nor heard of anyone doing that at Flex. Owners are not allowed to fly the planes. Unless they are in the sim with an instructor pilot. Flex does that with our owners, but not in the actual plane. Not to my knowledge anyway.

Yeah, Vixen, he flew the Lear 60 there for about 2 years. Been at NJA about 6 years now. He had a dispute with one of the crew flying with him, not going into details, but it was about attempting a landing at a mountain airport in bad weather. This guy is very conservative and didnt like the manuevers the instructor pilot was doing. He complained to management, and was told he was released from his contract, Flex does not allow owners to fly anymore, and he came to NJA. This being over 6 years ago, and the nature of how it ended, Im sure you have never heard about it.

By the way, I have friends at Flex and they are all good guys, just telling the story as I heard it. No flame.

No flame received. I just have never heard of that. I have been here since before he departed. It wasnt to my knowledge which is very limited. The few brain cells I have are for eating and breathing. Happy landings 750!!!

Jack Schitt said:
I don't get it. I'm hearing all these tantrums about non-union pilots flying Gulfstreams. So why would you allow someone to fly an NJA aircraft if they're not on your seniority list? It sounds like a double standard to me.

I just explained to you... They are paying ALL THE UNION DUES. Without the benefit of even having a seniority number.

If it will make you happy I'll pencil all their names on the Seniority list.... and give them a Letter instead of a number O for Owner.

What else can I help you with Mr Schitt?

Latest resources

Back