• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Simon Says

New Airbus Regional Jet
Hey folks,

I have never posted here at the majors because most of my business is with the regionals but..........Question for UPS guys.

I know UPS is not hiring, but when they do my brother is an account manager in Portland, OR. He has been with UPS for 8-9 years. He says management frowns on nepotism, and does not know if him working for UPS (especially as a manager) will disqualify me from flying for UPS. Seems kind of harsh if I have to knock off my brother just to fly for UPS. Anybody know for sure?

Hi Simon Says:

I am no authority on this, but a few years back a friend of mine was called for an interview, but the lady asked if he had any relatives working at UPS. Being a very honest person, he said that his wife's sister's husband was a driver for UPS. The lady said, " sorry " we can't hire you because you have a relative working for UPS. That sure seemed to be a stretch but apparently that is how they are.

Don't despair though. Up until the late 80s/early 90s American had the same policy and finally dropped it. Maybe UPS will do the same some day.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, this will prevent you from being considered at UPS. I think they'll allow 1st cousins (or something like that) to work in the sort center throwing boxes, but having a brother in management is a "no, no" if trying to get a flying and/or management position.

Thanks you two............Guess I will go bang on Fed Ex's door.

Latest resources

Back