• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Neeleman calls it quits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you might want to pat attention to your own house..

Guess we will put Jet Blue on the Ch 11 watch list as well.

Hey Jack, might want to pay attention to the sell out the senior guys are getting ready to portend on you. Or you could continue talking about Neeleman who was forced out a year ago. Hope you don't lose the no furlough clause.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL.N: Quote, Profile, Research) is urging its union leaders to cede parts of a pilots' labor contract so it can move closer to merging with Northwest Airlines (NWA.N: Quote, Profile, Research), the Wall Street Journal reported, citing sources who knew about the situation.
If talks are fruitful, the airlines seek to announce their long-pending merger as early as next week and gather support from Northwest pilots later, the report said on Thursday.
Delta is promising 6,000 aviators pay rises, equity and a seat on the board of the combined airline if the union agrees to its request, the Journal said, quoting those sources.
Merger talks between the airlines cooled in March when pilots from both sides failed to agree on how seniority should work for the roughly 12.000 pilots in the combined carrier.
But talks were revived, and Delta and its pilots have been discussing a new contract that would be valid if the merger goes through, the Journal reported earlier, citing sources familiar with talks.
Delta was not available for comment and a Northwest spokesman declined to comment.

Dave jumping ship is not a good sign no matter how you want to spin it.:erm:

Good Luck.

Good Luck.

Huh? You obviously do not work at jb, nor have you followed the Neeleman career path over the last year. MOST of us at jb were glad to see him forced out LAST YEAR and made essentially a figurehead. To a man/woman -- we almost all have had and continue to have more faith in Dave Barger.

This is old news, truly. Many things have improved at jb since he was forced out, LAST YEAR.

I wish him the best, but come on -- jb is far better because he's gone. Besides, he's going to do what airline execs do ... they start airlines and make lots of money. And his new airline will make an excellent codeshare for us when we start flying to Brazil. Ha.

Did I mention he really left LAST YEAR? That's not spin. I am by no means a koolaid drinker, not that we even have any of those left.

Good Luck.

Hey Captain Dad,

You mean Dave as in Dave Barger, is he jumping ship too??? It is David as in David Neeleman, dumba$$. If you are going to post these flaming comments at least get your facts straight. Shouldn't you be over on the fractionals board defending some big announcement you said was coming to Netjets that turned out to be nothing???

Dream no. My comment was in jest based only on the fact that a few other top guys left a few other carriers only hours and days before their demise.

If you really knew what you were talking about you would know he was basicly forced out.

No fellas, I think you'll be just...
Ya those are mine...
It's clothes, that's all.....
So what, I have a lot of clothes, what you've never seen a trunk before?? I mean honestly what's the problem??...
Forklift, ya that's for my.... clothes.
Jingles? I don't hear....What is this, I gave 10 hard years here you ungrateful.....forklift won't lift them? What a piece of crap.....It's clothes ONLY I told you that....Ah forget you guys, I'll do it myself, my flight to the promised Utah land leaves in 10 minutes, Dave come over here and push that end.....So what it's a lot of clothes, you'll be fine. Yes all 14 trunks are mine. Just put a couple of towels over those... I'll be back next week sharp!!

Ugheem !!

Your pilot group began as a rectal to the entire industry. When A320 Capt's were pulling down $221/hour Jet-Blo came up with $140/hour for you. Very similar to the now defunct "Skybus" except the bar has been lowered even further with them.

Just goes to show that its not payroll expense that makes or breaks airlines.
Hey Jet,
I was at NWA 8 years. Its a Steenland joke. However, Jetblue was modeled on SWA. Its called capitalism. We allowed rjs to invade the planet training cheap, well qualified pilots willing to take better jobs. Boeing, Embraer, Airbus, Canadair etc will keep making airplanes, and the old ones create profitable companies like Alliegent. Now the SWA guys are glorified and the rj guys are given a pass. Senior legacy captains are given a pass. The over 60 guys are given a pass. Everyone points the finger at someone else. You want to blame JB thats fine, its just not factual. Steenland bent us over so far that it was painful. Our hands were pretty much tied as individuals there at NWA with a couple of dissapointing votes that were not exactly something to hold our heads high in the industry. Its not perfect here at JetBlue, but we are only as much to blame as every one else. Again, it was really a cut on Steenland for Occam because if you are comparing leaders, I'd pick Neelman's blue glove method over Steenland's.

Neeleman was pretty much fired as CEO last year. He retained his Chairman of the BOD position as a shock absorber for the stock market analcysts. However, a new Executive Vice Chairman of the Board spot was created for the sole purpose of filling in for Neeleman when he packed his toys and walked.

Neeleman stepping down is COMPLETELY expected. I'm surprised it took this long.

I respect the man for his vision. But it was WAY past time for him to depart the pattern.

Latest resources

Back