• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NEEDED: Info on Colgan Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope it opens up! I can't to fly something bigger and faster. Thanks for the information BRA. Good luck

CCAir guys

I know there are a bunch of CCAir guys working for Colgan right now (met a few in P-burgh). If these guys bail on Colgan when/if Mesa's TA is signed, that might mean Colgan needs to hire replacements. I doubt a lot of them will stay since their seniority on the Mesa list will probably allow them to hold jet captain in pretty short order.

Thanks for all the info. Is 2nd year pay so bad that many op to jump ship to another commuter? I heard that Colgan may be interviewing in March. What have you people heard? Thanks again.

2nd year pay is that bad....and so are all the years after that. If you can make captain within the first few years then your pay goes up....but you are making what a second year FO makes at the other regionals....infact not even that much. The atmosphere is a lot of people are using colgan as a way to get their times competitve so they can apply elsewhere...almost like an extension of being a CFI.

A very recent quote from someone who's name is on the side of the airplane.... "We have stopped all hiring, all transitions, and all upgrades until further notice."

I don't have any idea when "until further notice" will end, but I don't think you'll see another class here until May at the earliest. This is the slowest time of the year, and the training budget for the quarter is all gone. We have almost 0 open time this time of year with plenty of people on reserve to take what comes up.

It doesn't hurt to apply, as you won't get a call when we do start hiring without an resume on file.

As far as pay goes... first year on the Beech is $20, which is much better than the $15 Commutair pays.. with or without per diem. As far as industry standard, I don't think we pay poorly for a 19 seat airplane.

colgan stuff...

the rumor of the day is we'll park the saabs and furlough 60 pilots...out of senority no less...of course it's a rumor...but we'll know by 2/13 at 11:00 a.m.

there is no overtime.... alll the lines are balanced at fifty and sixty hous.... i understand why but this is becoming more of a leisure thing thana job thing....

11:00a.m. 2/13/03

nothing new...no furloughs..that was a big one..and was anticipated by many....however mgt echoed continued confidence about our relationship with US Airways.....

no matter the bs, which gives something to talk about on a six leg day,, colgan is a great place for anyone needing to take the next step...

Not all the lines are at 50-60 hours.. Take a look at the every beech bid on the web site. You'll see some bases are blocking at 85 or so.. I did 97 hours payable last month.

Colgan

After that big meeting today, were there any discussions on new hiring at Colgan. When it is expected to resume?

Latest resources

Back