Need some "LUV" For the 2nd time!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hyperboy

For all those that read the boards they know that SWA is where I want to be. I had all of my references called and I have the 737 type, I am US Navy Vet (non-pilot). I am flying the B1900D and I could upgrade to a jet Captain, sign a training commitment, give up my quality of life, and go to reserve,all for another shot at SWA. I want to be competitive and I want to do it right. Any comments or PM's would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Swa

I am working on that but it is very political it can take quite a long time with no rhyme and reason, should I wait?

Not to dampen your spirits, because I am in the same boat as you. Waiting for the phone to ring the second time from SWA. It has been 2 years now and no phone call. I am a CA on the CRJ w/ 6300+ total and 3100+ PIC on the CRJ. BS Mechanical Engineering and a B-737 type. I dont think the phone is going to ring any time soon.
My only suggestion to you would be to go to the Air Inc conference Jan 27th and ask SWA straight out. What can I do?? If you do go, look for me. I will be in line asking the exact same question.
In the mean time, do what is best for you and your family. Regardless if you get a second chance at SWA, you will never get a second chance at life. Enjoy it!

Good luck to you.

Swa

Thanks I will try to just that. We will get them the second time around. Hopfully I can get down there. Have a good one!

There were 10 civilians in my newhire class. Of that 10, 9 of us had some sort of training department experience; I.P. Checkairman, CRM Facilitator, etc. It may have changed in the year or so since then, but of my buddies from my previous regional job who are getting hired, the majority still have training department experience. It's by no means a "Must have or no deal" kind of thing, but it seems just from a numbers standpoint, it makes you a stronger candidate.

Training captain, check airman is good stuff. It shows that you can get along with people. Good Luck
T

There were 10 civilians in my newhire class. Of that 10, 9 of us had some sort of training department experience; I.P. Checkairman, CRM Facilitator, etc. It may have changed in the year or so since then, but of my buddies from my previous regional job who are getting hired, the majority still have training department experience. It's by no means a "Must have or no deal" kind of thing, but it seems just from a numbers standpoint, it makes you a stronger candidate.

What about FAR 142 sim/ground instructors? Has anyone been hired there right out of a full time instructor position? We stay current just like anyone else, and are always in emergency mode!;)

You obviously qualify or you wouldn't have gotten the first call. From now on I would make decisions looking through my families eyes.

Best of luck.
Gup

Swa

I will go to the JET when the Bid comes. IAD not to far from BWI. I hope that all that have had the chance to interview the 1st time get a 2nd time and all are successful. We must keep the hope alive and keep all infromed as well.

Latest resources

Back