need samples of recommend letters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to recommend (name) for employment with your organization. I have known (name) for about (number) of years now and find him/her of the most upstanding character. I have also had the opportunity to fly with him/her and found his/her flying skills to be top notch. His/her commitment to flying carries through every aspect of his/her life and his/her goal is to be on the flight deck of a commercial airliner.

I strongly endorse (name) as a pilot with your airline and applaud your good fortune of having such a worthwile candidate to consider.

Sincerely

Capt Bigshot

Gargantuan Airlines, Big Airplane

Here's one

November 01, 2005
Southwest Airlines
P.O. Box 36644
Pilot Recruitment
Dallas, TX75235

To Whom It May Concern:

I would like to recommend Mr. John Doe for a pilot position with Southwest Airlines. As a fellow classmate and friend of John during College at Alaska State University, I feel I can speak of his character, leadership, and professionalism in the aviation environment.

I have known John for about ten years and have flown with him many times. I gave him flight instruction for his Instrument, Commercial, and CFI ratings. He was an excellent student whom I enjoyed working with. He was always prepared and ready to accept new challenges.

John is a person who has the qualities that Southwest is looking for. He is a very hard worker who is determined to get any job done. He has been very dedicated to his aviation career. He has worked his way up from a flight instructor, to flying a King Air, to a Captain at Independence. His personality will enable him to get along well with fellow employees, as well as passengers. Mr. Doe would make an excellent addition to the Southwest family.

John Doe is an outgoing young man who would be a great asset to the airline. I hope you agree and offer him an opportunity to work for Southwest. Thank you for your time.

You may contact me with any questions or concerns.
Sincerely,

Oliver Clothesoff
737 Captain DAL
Southwest Airlines
555-867-5309 cell
[email protected]

Recruiting Department
Bigazzz Airways
Smyrna, GA

To Whom it may Concern:

It was my distinct pleasure to fly with WTF Over while at Infitesimal Air. It took a while to bring him up to speed in our operation but soon he was chain smoking and cursing with the best of us. After a while I didn't even have to tell him to call out five minutes early.

WTF was an absolute hoot on long overnights. One night the barmaid accused us of being a bunch of pirates to which he instantly replied "Arrggg wench, bring us more beer". He can without a doubt run with the big dogs,
drink with the fishes and is really good with the ladies.

His skills as a pilot are outstanding, even when hung over and suffering from lower back distress caused by taking on the big one and leaving the hot one for the senior crewmember. I have never, in fact, heard anyone that could make better radio calls while wearing the oxygen mask. One of the best First Officers I ever had the pleasure to drink with.

Following his successful upgrade to Captain he continued, nay even exceeded the levels of debauchery that he had been so rigorously taught and to my knowledge continues to set a fine example.

I believe that WTF-Over will be an excellent addition to your pilot group and give him my highest possible recommendation without reservation.

I am at the bar should you have any questions regarding this letter.

Sincerely,

J. Wellington Belchfire
IOE Captain/Check Airman
Infinitesimal Air

Good luck on the interview!!!

Last edited:
belchfire said:
Recruiting Department
Bigazzz Airways
Smyrna, GA

To Whom it may Concern:

It was my distinct pleasure to fly with WTF Over while at Infitesimal Air. It took a while to bring him up to speed in our operation but soon he was chain smoking and cursing with the best of us. After a while I didn't even have to tell him to call out five minutes early.

WTF was an absolute hoot on long overnights. One night the barmaid accused us of being a bunch of pirates to which he instantly replied "Arrggg wench, bring us more beer". He can without a doubt run with the big dogs,
drink with the fishes and is really good with the ladies.

His skills as a pilot are outstanding, even when hung over and suffering from lower back distress caused by taking on the big one and leaving the hot one for the senior crewmember. I have never, in fact, heard anyone that could make better radio calls while wearing the oxygen mask. One of the best First Officers I ever had the pleasure to drink with.

Following his successful upgrade to Captain he continued, nay even exceeded the levels of debauchery that he had been so rigorously taught and to my knowledge continues to set a fine example.

I believe that WTF-Over will be an excellent addition to your pilot group and give him my highest possible recommendation without reservation.

I am at the bar should you have any questions regarding this letter.

Sincerely,

J. Wellington Belchfire
IOE Captain/Check Airman
Infinitesimal Air

Good luck on the interview!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I knew there was no way this thread was ever going to end well.

flyboyike said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I knew there was no way this thread was ever going to end well.

What??? ;)

I can only try...(thank God I got the chance before some other wisacre did)...

Seriously, for whoever is getting the interview, good luck...the format is good, just have to change the wording a little!

Latest resources

Back