• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Need PPL add on

Jetdriver69

High Speed, Low Drag
Total Time
10000+
I know this has been asked before, but what do I need to do as an absolute minimum to get a PPL add on to my ATP. Never had one and went straight into turbine military helos and then multi jets as a 19 year old. Now my kid wants to fly and I was thinking of buying a time builder airplane. Most 141 schools don't have a clue and don't want to research this for me, I guess there is no money in the effort. Thanks!

Mud Eagle

Aviator
Total Time
You can either go take a private ASEL check ride or an ATP single engine check ride.

pilotyip

Total Time
The Private or Comm SEL add on can be done with just a flew landings and stalls. Contact a local PPL DPE. Look in the latest Private PTS for the add-on table. Go for the Comm, that way if you want to get your CFI you will be all set.