Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need Performance Specs on this plane ....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

VW Pilot

MMM...PIGEON CASSEROLE
If anyone could help me find the specs to a
PA-28RT-201T Turbo...T-Tail version....appreciate it.

If it's anything like a Turbo Lance versus a regular Lance, there's probably not much difference at all. It just weighs more and can go higher.

If it's anything like a Turbo Lance versus a regular Lance, there's probably not much difference at all. It just weighs more and can go higher.
In the case of the Arrow, the turbo is substantially faster. The Turbo will do about 150 KTS at normal cruise. The normally-aspirated one does about 135.

VW, try this:
http://www.planeandpilotmag.com/content/specs/82piperttail.html

Plane and Pilot has a halfway decent database of aircraft specs. Obviously no POH but...

A T-tailed Piper single (PA28 or 32) lands vastly different than their straight-tailed counterparts. With the tail being out of the prop slipstream you need to keep power in nearly to touchdown to keep it from falling out of the sky.

I personally found it much harder to land a PA28RT consistently well than a straight-tailed Arrow. Both flew quite well, though.

Interesting...I've did most of my PPL training in the PA-28-161...But I saw this Turbo PA-28RT at an FBO for rental...I asked about some flight characteristics if they were similar to the straight tail plane...I got no answer cause the instructors who could fly it were not around..up training other students.....I was looking for a POH for one so maybe I could read it...I had so much trouble trying to find a POH for a Warrior....doubt I'll find one other than in the plane itself....But thanks for the link.

Last edited:
A T-tailed Piper single (PA28 or 32) lands vastly different than their straight-tailed counterparts. With the tail being out of the prop slipstream you need to keep power in nearly to touchdown to keep it from falling out of the sky.

I personally found it much harder to land a PA28RT consistently well than a straight-tailed Arrow. Both flew quite well, though.

This is very true. They are also suseptible to "tail plane stall" which happens in the flair. What happens is that an abrubt up elevator(stabilator) movement causes the stabilator to stall causing it to loose all it's negative lift that keeping the nose high. This causes the plane to pitch down while close to the ground which usually results in landing on the nose wheel. This leads to NG collapse and you know the rest.

It's not a bad airplane to fly as long as it's given the respect it needs in the flair.

Latest resources

Back