• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need opinions (banner towing)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know of two Canadian pilot's that he promised would get their green cards. Guess what, they paid the bucks and all they got was nothing. You can't get a green card for towing banners. As for company in Daytona Beach, I hear that they have a court case in January 2002. Something about him vs the state. I just know one of the pilots has been asked to the court case for the state.
All I have been told about this operation is to stay far away. Every once in a while, one of his planes develops engine trouble and has to land on the beach. It has happened quite a few times to his planes. I have seen one and I wonder how it got into the air.

Banner towing is not rocket science. The fact that this individual paid an exorbitant amount to learn how to tow a banner makes him an idiot, not an entrepreneur. Avoid him. His actions have already spoken louder than words.

I started a banner operation years ago, and the first tow for the FAA was my first tow, and there were no problems. Start small, work up. It's not hard work.

I'd be happy to ride with someone for two or three pickups and drops. After that, you know about all anybody is going to teach you...the rest is just experience, and that's best had on the job. There is NO benifit to paying someone a couple grand to teach you what you already know. If anybody tells you otherwise, don't believe them.

Latest resources

Back