Need medical insurance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

macdu

Could anyone help me with a problem I have regarding medical insurance? The dirt bag outfit I am at now, after furlough, just doubled my(and everyone elses who has family)medical insurance. So I am still going backwards. Isn't this a great industry. If the union can't get this straightened out in the next couple of day's, most of us are bailing on the company plan. Thus, I need help in finding a quality replacement. So, is anyone out here paying there own way and have a recommendation for myself and something I can pass along to my comrades. I have a healthy family of non smokers and no pre existing conditions.
By the way the company is U5, Usa3000. So if anybody is thinking of coming here in the near future think again.

macdu said:
Could anyone help me with a problem I have regarding medical insurance? The dirt bag outfit I am at now, after furlough, just doubled my(and everyone elses who has family)medical insurance. So I am still going backwards. Isn't this a great industry. If the union can't get this straightened out in the next couple of day's, most of us are bailing on the company plan. Thus, I need help in finding a quality replacement. So, is anyone out here paying there own way and have a recommendation for myself and something I can pass along to my comrades. I have a healthy family of non smokers and no pre existing conditions.
By the way the company is U5, Usa3000. So if anybody is thinking of coming here in the near future think again.

Macdu,

I have been an insurance agent for about 4 years. I dont sell Medical Insurance anymore but I do keep tabs on the industry.

If you are looking for a decent Health Care Plan I would encourage you to check out a Health Savings Account or HSA. Health Savings account are about 40%-50% cheaper than traditional medical plans. They have higher deductibles (sometimes much, much higher) but they also have a provision for you to set aside money into the HSA to cover that higher deductible. If you decide to leave the HSA your money "set aside" is fully portable.

Since your family is healthy and doesn't have pre-existing conditions it seems like the HSA would be the best plan for you. Be forewarned though, these plans are designed to be used only when you really need them. Like getting hit by a bus or something. If you go to the doctor anytime you get a sniffle then a HSA is probably not for you.

To check out plans in your area I would go to Zander Insurance's website and check out some of the plans. You can enter your info and they will give you a list to choose from. Zander is the nations biggest independent insurance agency. They have some real quality plans. Their website is: www.zanderins.com

BTW, I have no affiliation to Zander Insurance. I just think that they are a quality company. If you have anymore questions feel free to PM me.

Good luck

Latest resources

Back