Need help getting into corporate flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

C-130 IP

I need some guidance from you wise folks!

I left the military a couple of years ago and after flying with a commuter for a while, took a job flying DC-8s with the first company I could find hiring at the time. I work in the south Florida area.

Well, I am away from my family in Houston too much, and want to get into the world of corporate flying there in my home town.

I've read on this forum to "NETWORK, NETWORK, NETWORK" to find those jobs, but I'm only in Houston about 9 days a month, so that's hard to do.

Where do most of you look/call to find corporate flying jobs? In Houston, it would appear the oil companies would be a good start, but I don't even know where to begin there.

I would appreciate any guidance you guys might offer.

Thanks

Well, where I work would be MIA and FLL in Florida. Where I WANT to be flying corporate (Houston), the nearest fields are IAH and HOU.

BTW, I just called Halliburton and Shell. They both referred me to their careers website, which obviously came up empty.

Thanks

I don't know where Exxon is based probably Texas and they were looking for pilots.Someone mentioned a company that you interview with and has placement services.

...check climbto350.com I found my last two jobs through this site. It'll cost ya, but if you find the job you want at the location you want, then it's a small price to pay. ....patience and persistence is essential....

I've heard a lot of people say ..."I've tried that site and never get a reponse to my resume'.....it's a bunch of BS!" With that said, I know that I'll be needing to duck after I post this BUT the site worked for me......twice.

That brings up another good point. You may want to have a professional resume' writer help you.

Good Luck!

Glad to see an endorsement of climbto350.com . I looked there earlier today, but didn't know much about it. I'll look into it. Thanks for the tip.

Uncle Sparky said:
...check climbto350.com I found my last two jobs through this site. It'll cost ya, but if you find the job you want at the location you want, then it's a small price to pay. ....patience and persistence is essential....

I've heard a lot of people say ..."I've tried that site and never get a reponse to my resume'.....it's a bunch of BS!" With that said, I know that I'll be needing to duck after I post this BUT the site worked for me......twice.

That brings up another good point. You may want to have a professional resume' writer help you.

Good Luck!

One of my fellow pilots tried that website and NEVER even got a call. He said that he sent out alot of resume's. SO it sounds like your lucky.

Anadarko Has a flight department in houston. A couple airplanes.

There are some dealerships that have planes two. Bill heard chevrolet has a lear 55 i think and the toyota group has some planes. but what do i know i fly regionals but i am a Houstonian.

Latest resources

Back