• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need friendly advice please!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you don't mind job hunting again in a couple of years give the airline a shot, otherwise stick with the 900 and start humpin' it to find a better QOL gig for yourself.

DCMartin said:
Alright before this gets hijacked...If your looking for quality of life, dont go to *************************...they have the worst contract in the industry and one of the worst pay scales...you should look into it. Just a small list. Min 9 days off...They only get paid for whats on thier schedule no block or better for anything...so when I am sitting on the ground in ORD for an hour making money, they working for free. Plus, there is not another regional pilot out there that wont think yourr a douche bag if you go with them. Dont leave your job for G0jet. There are so many other regionals hiring right no with MUCH better QOL and pay. As far as upgrade time.... Anywhere is a gamble.

Hey DC, just to clarify it's not *************************...the company's name is Small Community Airlines. Great group of people, seems like they'll be getting started pretty soon.

CaptainJaguar, for what it's worth, I say go with the job that will keep your family intact. You can always find another job at some point in the future if you need to. When you are an old man looking back on your life, do you think you will say to yourself, "I wish I had made more money and stayed away from my family a little more" or will it be "I wish I would have been satisfied to make a little less but spend more time with my wife and kiddos, the only things that truly matter" I can tell you right now what the answer will be. By the way, I'm about the same age as you with a kid and AIDS. (Aviation Induced Divorce Syndrome) It's not worth it. Spend all the time you can with your kids and show them you care. Even if it's just eatin Captain Crunch in front of the TV on Saturday mornings. You can't buy memories.

210FR8DOG said:
CaptainJaguar, for what it's worth, I say go with the job that will keep your family intact. You can always find another job at some point in the future if you need to. When you are an old man looking back on your life, do you think you will say to yourself, "I wish I had made more money and stayed away from my family a little more" or will it be "I wish I would have been satisfied to make a little less but spend more time with my wife and kiddos, the only things that truly matter" I can tell you right now what the answer will be. By the way, I'm about the same age as you with a kid and AIDS. (Aviation Induced Divorce Syndrome) It's not worth it. Spend all the time you can with your kids and show them you care. Even if it's just eatin Captain Crunch in front of the TV on Saturday mornings. You can't buy memories.

Hey DOG check your PMs, contact me.

I'd say look into one of them fractional operators...I know a few of them that have good schedules, job security and awesome quality of life........:pimp:

indianboy7 said:
I'd say look into one of them fractional operators...I know a few of them that have good schedules, job security and awesome quality of life........:pimp:

I have thought about the fracs, but....which one would be the best one? I know that Flightops has issues and I dont really understand what's going on at NJA, and FLX? well I dont know much about what's going on. CS is the only one that I havent heard much about? any recommendations?

CaptainJaguar said:
I have thought about the fracs, but....which one would be the best one? I know that Flightops has issues and I dont really understand what's going on at NJA, and FLX? well I dont know much about what's going on. CS is the only one that I havent heard much about? any recommendations?

Check out the Frac section on here. There is some really good info. PM some of them and usually they are willing to give you the straight up.

Latest resources

Back