Need friendly advice please!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CaptainJaguar

Hey guys, well it's my first post on this web site sorry I posted in both forums but I wasnt sure which one to post in. I figured I give it a shot to ask for some help. Here's my story..... I am a current corporate/135 pilot flying a Falcon 900, I love flying the airplane and the money that I am making now is fairly decent. I have OK benefits for my self, wife an kids. I'm fairly young I guess you can say (32 yrs) and even though I like flying big equipment and making good money I have considered taking another path. I have a job offer with a start up airline back in my home town I will surely have to take a pay cut, and I guess you can say start over. But although the pay is about half of what I am making now I will have a set schedule, be home more often and have a good schedule where I can go back to school and get a degree is something else. Right now I have no set schedule and I have been on the road quite a bit, so family time is becoming an issue. I guess you can say I am more of a family type individual. So what do you guys think? What would you recommend??
Take the airline job.......
1- Take a salary pay cut
2- Have a set schedule
3- More family time
4- Chance to go back to school.

Or
Hang around....
1- Keep good pay
2- No set schedule
3- No QOL
4- Hope for the best
Thank in advance to all you guys for the insight.

a start-up airline job? sounds like job security would be nil with this gig.

Depends

Depends on the Job security of each option. And who the airline is (hopefully not the start up G0Jet)

CaptainJaguar said:
Yes it is...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! just kidding, it's a start up Jetstream airline. Pretty financially ready it seems, and they seem to have many contracts with the cities they are going to provide service to. I think kinda like what mesa did when they started

where are they mainly planning to serve? out west?

Alright before this gets hijacked...If your looking for quality of life, dont go to *************************...they have the worst contract in the industry and one of the worst pay scales...you should look into it. Just a small list. Min 9 days off...They only get paid for whats on thier schedule no block or better for anything...so when I am sitting on the ground in ORD for an hour making money, they working for free. Plus, there is not another regional pilot out there that wont think yourr a douche bag if you go with them. Dont leave your job for G0jet. There are so many other regionals hiring right no with MUCH better QOL and pay. As far as upgrade time.... Anywhere is a gamble.

DCMartin said:
Alright before this gets hijacked...If your looking for quality of life, dont go to *************************...they have the worst contract in the industry and one of the worst pay scales...you should look into it. Just a small list. Min 9 days off...They only get paid for whats on thier schedule no block or better for anything...so when I am sitting on the ground in ORD for an hour making money, they working for free. Plus, there is not another regional pilot out there that wont think yourr a douche bag if you go with them. Dont leave your job for G0jet. There are so many other regionals hiring right no with MUCH better QOL and pay. As far as upgrade time.... Anywhere is a gamble.

Nevermind then

Latest resources

Back