Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DorkProp

Dork No More!
I've used several of these great little logbooks but now their phone number does not seem to work. Anybody know if they are still in business? If not, has anybody found a decent logbook besides those crappy red ones? I like the Crew Member Supplies log because there is room for 8 legs, and a space for both scheduled and actual dep/arr times.

I've got a few of the little black ones lying around. I haven't ever thought about the difference...I see black and red ones all the time in pilot shops or FBO's. The one I'm currently carrying is a red one from Crewgear. It has six lines, and space for departure and arrival times, plus four blank columns I usually use for marking total leg time, night, instrument, and approaches. It's got space for expenses and such, which I seldom ever use, and a blank space at the bottom where I record duty time each day.

I like the little books because they fit in a shirt pocket.

The metal spine always sets off detectors. I actually had a TSA rep go through it page by page last month, presumably to see if I was hiding any WMD in it's pages.

I found one of the black ones. This one is made by ASA, labled The Standard Flight Crew Log Trip and Expense Record, part number #SP-FC. You can check on-line at www.asa2fly.com. I see these things all over the place, so I'm sure they're readily available.

Latest resources

Back