• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need Continental help fast

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the Dallas sim from Alteon is still open. Check aviationinterviews.com. I had a friend just do that sim about a month ago.

Sorry, wrong. Unfortunately, they got rid of it within the last few weeks.

I don't think the guy in Kingwood is doing the sim prep stuff yet....

Sorry, also wrong. I spoke with him recently (check the website listed above) and he has been doing it for a few months. It is the same sim used for the CAL eval.

He costs more than Alteon/Higher Power did, but there are few, if any, other convenient options.

Good luck!

rk772,
Congrats on the interview! I tried to send you a PM but it said your inbox was too full. Can you PM me with your personal email or clear out some space in your inbox?

Thanks,
Tonedrvr

I cleaned out some space in my inbox.

My experience is as follows:

4800 TT
1900 Turbine PIC
Prior 121 (Eagle)
Currently Citation Capt. Part 135
1 internal rec.
Filled out the app. about a year ago. Internal rec. got me on the short list about 4 months ago.

I tried really hard to get off work but was unable with such short notice. I rescheduled my interview for 2 weeks from now. Even though I wanted to get it done next week, at least my stress level will be lower with more time to prepare.

If the guy in Kingwood is open Instigator, then why does the website say the sim prep is not available yet? Check the website yourself....

If the guy in Kingwood is open Instigator, then why does the website say the sim prep is not available yet? Check the website yourself....

Sorry tmac if I came off rude. My intent was merely to correct the inaccurate info you had.

I can't vouch for the content of his website. I spoke with him directly on the phone. I had done my prep with Alteon a while ago, but had a nice chat with CPT (http://www.crewpilottraining.com/index.html - I know the website focuses on the 737) to get the scoop on what he was doing so I could pass his info on to others. I would recommend anyone interested in MD-80 prep to call him yourselves...

Last edited:
The sim prep is available with Crew Pilot Training. I know 2 people who did the sim prep with Martin from crew pilot training in the CAL MD80 sim in IAH just last Wednesday. It costs $550 and is cash/check only.

I also have a short notice interview coming up. I ordered my college transcripts last week but I don't know if they will arrive in time. Will CAL be ok if I don't have them at the time of the interview or should I push back the interview date?

I set up my sim prep with Ray at Crew Pilot Training. Now it's time to prep for the interview.
I hear that the success rate (once called for an interview) is very high. Is this a true statement?

Last edited:
I also have a short notice interview coming up. I ordered my college transcripts last week but I don't know if they will arrive in time. Will CAL be ok if I don't have them at the time of the interview or should I push back the interview date?

Call C. in Houston. She is extremely helpful and you should not be afraid to contact her. I also had an issue with a document, and she was very helpful in making sure they got everything they need.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back