• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need Career Advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, I had no idea the 135 cargo gig had that kind of perceived worth v. the regional flying. Thanks for the strong endorsements there. Sounds like staying the present course for a while and pursuing corporate/charter opportunities is my best bet.

Appears I will soon need to focus on the fastest path to Turbine PIC though. Are the upgrades to turbine PIC really that much faster on the corporate/charter side of the house than regionals? Also, I didn't think the pay in the right seat there would be any better than at the regionals ( I do have supplemental income, thank-goodness). Not that I have high expectations for salary however like to make as much as possible where possible (why not work smart !).

Comments?

Right seat pay corporate/charter is generally better than right seat pay regional. Regional FO pay starts at between 18,000 and 21,000 depending upon the regional. Fo pay going corporate can start in the low 20,000 and go upwards from there.

PIC turbine time can also be gained more quickly flying corporate than taking the regional route at this time - that is, if you were to join the ranks of a regional today.

English said:
Right seat pay corporate/charter is generally better than right seat pay regional. Regional FO pay starts at between 18,000 and 21,000 depending upon the regional. Fo pay going corporate can start in the low 20,000 and go upwards from there.

We start our first year guys out at $72,000, we are a Part 91 Major Corporation Flight Department... I would guess smaller ops still start guys out in the $40-$50k range...

I know of Charter Ops (Part 135) in my area (Midwest) that are starting F/O's at $35k+/year... And these guys have hired pilots with under 1,500 hours...

Try to pursue more corporate/charter type of flying to the fullest extent.

Anyone care to elaborate further on ways to persue this type of flying?

My background and exposure to date has been all Airline and this Corporate /Charter thing is a whole new animal for me. Other than networking with current collegues (most of whom are in the same boat I'm in), and walking my resume around the field (which I have no problem doing whatsoever), are there other ways to locate and connect with all the potential Corporate / Charter employers, especially those outside of my immediate geographic area?
My layovers are usually located at C stations with little to no Corporate / Charter activity so all combined, I'm feeling a bit lost in this area.

Thanks in advance.

Latest resources

Back